Two-Car Accident Occurs at I-80 Connector
A two-car accident in West Sacramento on September 18 caused injuries where at least one person was taken to the hospital. The collision occurred on the Dwight David Eisenhower highway just east of the eastbound U.S. 50 connector at around 8:46 a.m. Both of the vehicles, a Mazda and Corvette, ended up blocking the center divider.
Yolo Fire Department Transports at Least One Patient to Hospital
The Yolo Fire Department advised that one party was being exported to a hospital while another injured person was being evaluated. A tow truck was called to remove at least one of the vehicles, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report. The lanes were cleared for traffic shortly before 9:30 a.m. An accident investigation is underway by CHP traffic collision detectives to find out what happened to cause the crash.
Negligence in a Two-Car Accident
Negligence is the usual cause of a two-car accident on a highway. Collisions are more common in areas where a ramp is located. Drivers may be negligent by:
- Changing lanes without looking to see if other vehicles are too close
- Speeding, which makes merging onto an exit dangerous
- Unfamiliarity with the highway, which can make a motorist make a snap decision to move over
- Distracted driving, which can cause one motorist to crash into another in a two-car accident
- Drunk or drugged driving, which affects a motorist’s ability to handle their vehicle correctly
When the negligent actions of a driver cause a two-car accident, those who were injured have the right to file a personal injury claim to recover damages. Some of the areas in which an injured person can claim compensation include:
- All medical costs that arise as a result of the accident can be recovered. Many times, a serious injury results in long hospitalization and medical bills as well as other expenses such as physicians’ fees and the cost of physical therapy. Even out-of-pocket expenses may be claimed as long as a list is kept, such as gas mileage or taxi fare to doctors’ appointments.
- The physical pain and suffering the injured person experiences can be compensated. The recovery of compensation can depend on the extent of injuries and pain. Damages can also be recovered for the emotional trauma the accident caused, including anxiety, sleeplessness or nightmares, depression and others. If professional treatment is sought for post-traumatic stress disorder, that can be recovered also.
- Earnings that are lost due to the injury are recoverable, as well as any other benefits obtained at your employment, such as pension benefits. If the injured person has to change to a lower-paying position because they can no longer perform the old one, the difference in wages is recoverable. If they are permanently disabled, their wages are recoverable until they reach retirement.
The following tips on choosing an injury lawyer are provided by attorney Ed Smith in the video below:
Personal Injury Lawyer in West Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in West Sacramento. If you call us at (916) 921-6400, our accident attorneys can provide you with free and friendly legal advice. You can also reach out to us by calling (800) 404-5400 or using our online form. Take advantage of our free consultation to get answers to your questions, have us review your case, and learn about your compensation options.
To see some of the accomplishments of our injury lawyers, click on the links below:
:cd llo [cs 644]