I-80 Two-Vehicle Collision in Sacramento Causes Injuries
A Sacramento two-vehicle collision on October 3 along eastbound Interstate 80 sent one person to the hospital with injuries. The accident happened near the Norwood off-ramp between a Lexus and Chevy Equinox SUV shortly before 3:30 in the afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The Lexus ended up in the center divide, while the Chevy was blocking the number two lane, which interfered with traffic. One of the vehicles had a broken left rear wheel and axle from the crash, and a tow truck was needed to remove it.
Injured Person Transported to a Hospital After the Crash
Authorities with the Sacramento Fire Department reported that one party was transported to Sutter Medical Center in the downtown area for additional evaluation and treatment. The name of that person has yet to be released by authorities. The CHP is conducting an investigation into the cause of the two-vehicle collision.
Common Causes of Two-Vehicle Accidents
Almost all accidents are due to driver negligence, and this is true for collisions that involve two vehicles. Some of the common ways they occur are:
- A motorist illegally makes a turn against the light or in front of another vehicle.
- A driver sideswipes another vehicle either through trying to change lanes or while turning.
- The driver is distracted by either texting or talking on a phone or other actions.
- The driver is fatigued, particularly in two-vehicle collisions after dark, from working a late shift or not getting sufficient sleep the night before.
- One of the drivers is impaired by either alcohol or drugs.
- The motorist is an aggressive driver or has road rage, which is exhibited by cutting in and out of lanes.
- The motorist is disobeying traffic laws such as running a red light, failing to yield, and other actions that can lead to a two-vehicle collision.
Seeking Help After a Collision
Two-vehicle collisions are common and often cause injuries. When negligence was the reason an accident happened, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. We send investigators to the accident site to interview any witnesses to the two-vehicle crash. They also review the report on the accident filed by the police to check for inaccuracies.
Additional Techniques Used by our Investigators
Performing crash reconstruction can be important to determine exactly how the accident happened and which driver was at fault. In addition, our investigators check for video footage from nearby cameras, which often catch an accident on tape. Once the evidence is gathered, the investigators turn it over to our lawyers who use it to prepare a strong case for compensation, whether they are negotiating with the insurance company or taking it to court.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Traffic accidents can often cause serious injuries. If a negligent driver caused your injuries, you may be able to place a claim for fair compensation. Phone me at (916) 921-6400 for my free and friendly advice. The toll-free number for those outside the area code can connect with me at (800) 404-5400. An online contact form located on AutoAccident.com is available also.
I’m honored to belong to the following as a California member:
- The Million Dollar Forum: Recognizes lawyers who have won over one million dollars for a prior client.
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel: Recognizes those lawyers who have an established standard of excellence in their legal practices.
It may be helpful when seeking legal advice to look over client reviews and cases handled by a law firm before phoning. Links to information about my law practice are listed below:
I’ve helped many Sacramento residents during my 37 years as a personal injury lawyer in obtaining compensation for their accident injuries. From motor vehicle crashes to traumatic injuries or government claims, I am by your side all the way.
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_79189750_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 667]