Sacramento Traffic Crash Causes Injuries in Arden-Arcade
A traffic crash in the Arden-Arcade area of Sacramento on June 20 resulted in injuries to at least two individuals. The collision occurred along southbound Howe Avenue south of Cottage Way at about 8:37 in the morning, as reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). It involved a Mercedes-Benz sedan and a Toyota Camry.
Damage and Injuries in the Traffic Crash
The Mercedes sustained major front-end damage, and the Toyota had damage to its passenger side. Tow trucks were required to remove both vehicles from the traffic crash site. Injuries were reported as minor to moderate for both parties. The CHP is conducting an investigation to determine fault and how the accident occurred.
How an Attorney Can Help
Having experienced legal representation by your side when an at-fault driver caused your injuries is important. First of all, the at-fault party will be seeking legal help to try and avoid liability for the accident and the potential cost of the other person’s injuries. Secondly, it has been proven that using the help of an experienced lawyer results in a settlement or verdict that is two to three times higher than if someone tries to recover personal injury damages alone. My office over the years has successfully handled countless car accidents and may be able to do the same for you. Remember, the first consultation costs nothing.
Causes of a Traffic Crash
Almost all traffic accidents are the result of a negligent driver. Some of the reasons they occur are:
- Distracted driving is a major cause of a traffic crash. Motorists are commonly texting or talking on a cell phone, chatting with passengers or other distracting behaviors.
- Speeding is another major reason for accidents. A speeder has less control over their vehicle and needs more room to stop.
- Drunk or drugged driving is responsible for many collisions. A drunk driver exhibits poor judgment and reflexes as well as control over the vehicle. This can easily lead to a traffic crash.
- Fatigued driving means that the motorist is too tired to focus on traffic. It can be caused by simply not getting enough sleep to suffering from apnea or performing shift work.
Car Accident Investigation
Evidence collected following a traffic crash is important to support a personal injury claim for damages. My law office has handled many injury accident claims successfully over the years. Our experienced investigators go right to the site of the traffic crash to collect all the evidence needed to support our client’s claim. Some of the areas in which an investigation is conducted include:
- The report by the police is investigated to determine if it contains errors.
- The investigators speak to the witnesses to the traffic crash.
- Forensic evidence in the form of accident reconstruction is performed. This can indicate some forms of negligence by the at-fault driver and shows the positioning of the vehicles and includes photographing the accident site and vehicles. Evidence from accident reconstruction is used both by insurance companies and by courts.
- Camera footage from business and traffic surveillance can show the accident as it occurred.
- The investigators look for government negligence such as poor lighting, non-functioning lights and potholes that may have caused the accident, which can be claimed in a product liability lawsuit.
Our lawyers use the accumulated evidence to negotiate with insurers or build a case for court.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento. When a negligent driver causes injuries, they can be held financially liable for the cost of medical bills, lost wages and the injured person’s pain and suffering. Please give me a call at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 if you would like my free and friendly advice. You can also contact me using the online form.
You can find information about my firm below:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd llo [cs 693]