Hit-and-Run Collision on McKinley Avenue
The Fresno Police Department reported a hit-and-run collision on McKinley Avenue on the morning of Wednesday, January 11, 2023. The incident occurred at approximately 2:45 a.m. at McKinley Avenue and First Street in central Fresno, according to investigators.
Details on the Hit-and-Run Collision on McKinley Avenue in Fresno
Fresno PD officers reported that the driver of a pickup truck allegedly ran a red light and collided with another vehicle carrying two occupants. The pickup truck driver reportedly fled the scene but was later detained by Fresno PD near Highway 41.
Two occupants in the other vehicle were taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno. The driver was last reported in stable condition while their passenger was in critical condition, officials said. Sadly, one party succumbed to their injuries during hospitalization. Officials have recently identified the deceased as Jesse Espino, 35, of Clovis.
The pickup driver, a 33-year-old man, was arrested for vehicular manslaughter and felony hit-and-run charges. Fresno PD has not yet released additional information in connection with the hit-and-run collision on McKinley Avenue and First Street due to an ongoing investigation.
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help With My Case?
The personal injury claims process is challenging to navigate since it involves many processes and regulations. This is especially true if the incident was a hit-and-run accident. Following are some of the ways that an injury attorney can help you with your case:
- Evidence: Forms of evidence that establish the other side’s negligence and your actual losses may be gathered in various ways. This may include video surveillance footage, photographs of the incident site, medical records, police reports, expert witness testimony, and so forth.
- File a Claim: A personal injury case must be clear and compelling enough to prove and withstand disputes from the insurance company. At our law firm, our Fresno car accident lawyers will file and handle communication and correspondence with the other side on your behalf.
- Negotiations: Most accident claims are settled outside of court. Our legal team will make use of evidence and devise strategies to negotiate a favorable settlement agreement on your behalf.
- Challenge Disputes: The insurance company that represents the negligent party or your insurer may use arguments to avoid financial liability for the incident. Our injury lawyers will respond to the other side’s arguments to protect your rights and best interests.
- File in Civil Court: There are some situations where a mutual settlement agreement cannot be reached with the insurer. In that case, an accident lawyer will file the case in civil court to protect the statute of limitations and proceed with litigation.
As you can see, bringing a personal injury claim may be stressful and overwhelming to handle on your own. That is why it is recommended to retain legal counsel. Learn how our law office can help by watching this video or scheduling a free case evaluation today.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Fresno
I’m Ed Smith, a Fresno personal injury lawyer. When a careless or negligent driver crashes into another vehicle, the consequences may be traumatic and lasting for those left with injuries. If this has happened to you or a loved one, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. You need a lawyer with years of experience in California personal injury law to obtain a favorable outcome in your case.
You can count on our skilled accident attorneys from our law office to assist you in obtaining justice and seeking damages from the negligent party who caused your injuries. Our legal team has the experience, skills, and resources to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf. See what past clients have said about working with us on Avvo, Google, and Yelp.
Our law firm has represented injured parties and families in accident cases since 1982. We have a track record of successful verdicts and settlements. We attribute our history of case results to our compassionate approach and dedication to meeting our client’s goals. The high level of success we provide to our clients and our case resolutions have earned us membership in the Top 1 Percent and Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Photograph Source: “Rodnae” on Pexels
:ds llo [cs 713]