Injuries Reported on Golden Chain Highway Collision
A two-vehicle accident in Grass Valley on April 23 on Golden Chain Highway resulted in injuries. The collision occurred around 2:10 p.m. along northbound S.R. 49 just north of La Barr Meadows Road. The accident occurred between a sedan and a Toyota Tundra pickup, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), blocking the intersection.
Injured Party Didn’t Wait for Help
The reporting person advised 911 that she was on her way to the hospital. It isn’t known whether the driver was injured or a passenger in the vehicle. A tow was called to remove the Toyota pickup, which had sustained front-end damage. An investigation is being conducted to discover how the crash occurred and assign fault.
Why a Two-Vehicle Accident on a Highway Occurs
Two-vehicle accidents on highways are a common occurrence and can cause serious injuries or fatalities. Some of the main causes include:
- Driver fatigue – Overly tired drivers can be compared in their reactions to someone who is intoxicated. This makes them a danger on the road.
- Speeding – Exceeding the posted speed limit greatly increases the risk of an accident occurring.
- Distracted driving – Taking eyes off the road for even a few seconds can cause an accident.
- Impaired driving – Alcohol and drugs impair judgment, reflexes and reaction time, increasing the risk of a two-vehicle accident.
- Inclement weather – Bad weather, such as rain, snow, or fog, can make it difficult to see, increasing the chances of an accident.
- Poor road conditions – Potholes, uneven surfaces and other obstacles can cause a vehicle to lose control. Although a government claim can be filed to recover compensation, the time limit is six months, so getting help may be a good idea.
- Aggressive driving – Tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic and other aggressive behaviors drastically increase the risk of an accident.
- Malfunctioning vehicles – Brakes, tires and other vehicle components that are not in proper working order can cause an accident. Filing an auto product liability claim is possible if a defective part was involved. This makes it important to retain the vehicle, so it can be examined for defects.
A Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation in a Two-Vehicle Accident
If you have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct, a lawyer can help you recover compensation. This may include both economic damages such as medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. An experienced attorney will fight to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive fair and just compensation.
The attorney will also review the facts of your case and advise you on the best course of action to take to obtain a favorable outcome. In some cases, it may be necessary to pursue legal action, in which case your lawyer can help guide you through the process and represent you throughout each step.
Grass Valley Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Grass Valley car accident lawyer. You might be eligible for compensation if you were injured in a traffic accident caused by another person’s negligence. Get free and friendly legal advice from our injury lawyers by calling (530) 392-9400. Alternatively, you can call us at (800) 404-5400 or send us an online message. Whether you want a face-to-face or virtual consultation, we can arrange one for you. You can ask us any questions you have about recovering damages during that consultation, and we will review your accident case with you.
See how our accident attorneys have helped others by clicking on the links below:
In joining these groups, we demonstrate our commitment to our clients and are proud to be included:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo