Pedestrian Injured in Hit-and-Run at Lower Colfax Road Intersection
A hit-and-run with injuries occurred southeast of Grass Valley on January 3 when a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle. The accident happened at the intersection of Lower Colfax and Orzalli roads sometime before 1:25 p.m. when authorities arrived. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) report, the pedestrian got out of his pickup to take pictures of the water and was struck by a white Toyota sedan that then fled the scene.
Authorities Seek Hit-and-Run Driver in Grass Valley Accident
The pedestrian was unsure of the time frame, having lost consciousness. When officers with the CHP arrived, the pedestrian had just regained consciousness. Paramedics with Cal Fire were called to the scene to assess injuries to the individual. An investigation is underway by the CHP to locate the driver.
The Hunt for a Fleeing Driver
A lawyer can locate the motorist that caused your injuries and hold him or her accountable when you’ve suffered trauma from a hit-and-run. When you’re injured and have high medical bills, cannot work and experience pain and suffering, it’s difficult enough. It is the driver’s responsibility to pay for your injuries. We have successfully located many fleeing drivers over the years.
- In order to gather the evidence before it is covered over or disappears, we send our investigators to the scene of the fleeing driver accident as soon as possible.
- It is important to check the surrounding accident scene for paint marks and metal from the car that left the scene. The make and model of the vehicle can be identified using this information.
- It is important to reconstruct the crash that resulted from the hit-and-run driver to determine how the accident happened. Insurance companies and civil courts accept this type of evidence.
- Information can also be obtained from witnesses. It is possible for a witness to recall a part of the license plate number if he or she saw the accident as it happened. Another possibility is that since the driver who fled often lives nearby, witnesses may be able to identify the vehicle and even the individual driving it.
- There is a possibility that a traffic surveillance camera may have captured the accident as it occurred, so it would be a great source of information. To identify the vehicle, that film can be subpoenaed.
By compiling the evidence, our injury lawyers are able to build a strong case that supports a compensation claim for our clients.
Insurance as a Compensation Option
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage may cover your medical expenses if the other party is unable to pay for your damages as a result of the accident. You could use another family member’s insurance if you didn’t opt for this coverage. Rates remain unchanged.
Contact a Grass Valley Personal Injury Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury attorney in Grass Valley. It may be possible for you to recover compensation if you have been injured in a traffic accident that has been caused by someone else’s negligence. To receive free and friendly legal advice from one of our accident attorneys, please call us at (530) 392-9400. Our toll-free phone number is (800) 404-5400, and you can reach us via our online form. We can arrange a meeting in person or virtually for a free consultation where one of our injury lawyers can review your accident case, answer any questions you might have and explain damage recovery options.
See how our injury lawyers have helped others by clicking the links below:
Our membership in these groups is a testament to our dedication to our clients:
Photo attribution: Image by Brian Merrill from Pixabay
:cd llo