Folsom Motorcycle Collision
Folsom Motorcycle Collision – A Folsom motorcycle collision occurred on October 5 involving an SUV, which sent the 84-year-old motorcyclist to a nearby hospital with major injuries. The accident occurred on southbound East Bidwell and Oak Avenue Parkway around 6:20 in the morning, according to a spokesman for the Folsom Police Department. It was reported that the SUV driver stayed at the scene of the accident and was cooperating with police.
Folsom Motorcycle Collision Details
According to the police, the SUV rear-ended the motorcyclist. It was reported by the SUV driver that it was still dark out, and he did not spot the rider before the collision occurred. Police remained at the accident scene to investigate the collision before the debris was cleared. An officer with the Folsom police said there was no official status concerning the motorcycle rider. However, he continued, they normally only perform this kind of investigation if the injuries are serious. Nearby sections of both East Bidwell and Oak Avenue were expected to remain closed to traffic until around 10:00 in the morning. Local motorists were advised to seek alternate routes until the roads were reopened.
Folsom Motorcycle Collision Injuries
Motorcycle accidents commonly result in serious injuries in all types of car crashes because of the lack of protection for the rider versus an automobile. Some of the injuries suffered by motorcyclists include:
- Head injuries: This type of injury is common, especially if a rider is thrown from a bike and can range from skull fractures to crush injuries. While helmets are required for California riders and can lessen the extent of an injury, it is important to wear one that has been approved by the Department of Transportation.
- Traumatic brain injury: A traumatic brain injury is one of the most serious types of motorcycle trauma suffered in an accident. Hemorrhaging, hematoma, diffuse axonal injury, and swelling can be life-threatening and cause permanent cognitive changes or death.
- Spinal cord injury: The impact of a body with the ground or a motor vehicle can lead to spinal cord damage. Damaged nerves can affect the ability to use the limbs or control bladder or bowels. Partial or total paralysis can happen if the spinal cord is severed. The extent of paralysis depends on the location of the injury or blood clot. To provide the funds for long-term care for this type of injury, a motorcycle collision lawyer may help by presenting a strong case for compensation.
- Injuries to the face: This can include broken bones or damage to the teeth, mouth or eyes. Multiple surgeries and extensive hospitalization may be required to treat these types of injuries.
- Amputations: Amputations do occur in motorcycle collisions and can result in permanent disability. Amputations also cause emotional and psychological trauma due to disfigurement, scarring, and loss of the limb. A Folsom motorcycle collision attorney may help by recovering compensation for those who have suffered limb loss injuries.
- Broken bones: This type of injury is common in a motorcycle collision. While some broken bones heal in several months, more complicated fractures may require surgery and affect the body permanently.
Folsom Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Folsom motorcycle accident attorney. When you or a loved one is involved in a traffic collision and injured, you can face mounting medical bills, time lost from work and other expenses. If that injury and financial loss was caused by the negligence of another individual or entity, you might be able to recover compensation that covers those expenses. I would be honored to give you free and friendly advice when you phone me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. I also provide an online contact page if that is easier.
I’ve worked as an injury lawyer for more than 36 years representing Folsom residents and Northern Californians to obtain fair compensation for all types of car collisions, bicycle and pedestrian accidents, wrongful death, and brain injuries.
You can learn more about my law practice by checking out the following links, which contain client comments and reviews along with a synopsis of some of our previous cases:
I am a proud member of milliondollaradvocates.com, a forum that represents top trial lawyers around the country who have won in excess of one million dollars for a client through a verdict or case settlement.
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_ab
:cd llo [cs 746] cv