Fatal Tractor Accident Occurs on West Olsen Road
A tractor accident near Modesto on March 4 caused the operator’s death. The accident was reported around 5:00 p.m. along West Olsen Road in La Grange. Firefighters with the Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Protection District were called to the scene of an orchard where a man was reported as trapped between a tree and the tractor.
Utility Vehicle Used for Recovery Due to Muddy Conditions
Due to muddy conditions in the orchard, a four-wheel drive vehicle was used to reach the man. The Kubota utility vehicle brought the stricken man to the pavement, where medics confirmed that he had died. The man who perished was employed by a company that performed tree removal.
Investigation Underway to Determine Cause of Tractor Accident
Whether the deceased man was pinned between the tree and the tractor or underneath one of the vehicle’s tires was uncertain. The accident is under investigation by the California Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) and the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Office.
Causes of a Tractor Accident Fatality
Accidents involving tractors can be catastrophic and often result in fatalities. The most common causes of tractor accident fatalities include:
- Operator error: Operators may fail to adhere to safety protocols or become distracted while operating the tractor, leading to a fatal accident.
- Mechanical failure: Inadequate maintenance and defective parts can lead to mechanical failure resulting in an accident that could potentially cause death.
- Inexperience: Tractor operators who are inexperienced or untrained may not be aware of the dangers and risks associated with operating the machinery, which can lead to a fatal mistake.
- Poor weather conditions: Unfavorable weather conditions such as heavy rain, muddy conditions or strong winds can make it difficult for a farm tractor operator to maintain control of the vehicle, leading to an accident.
- External factors: Accidents caused by external factors such as other vehicles or pedestrians can lead to fatalities if the tractor operator cannot react quickly enough.
Wrongful Death Claims: Recovering Damages
It is always tragic to lose a loved one. However, the pain can be especially intense if someone else’s negligence caused the death. It may be time for you to consider filing a wrongful death claim after your loved one was killed in an accident.
Recoverable Losses in a Wrongful Death
An accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve by calculating an accurate estimate of your damages. A wrongful death lawsuit may allow you to recover the following damages:
- Wages: The loss of earnings could be significant if your loved one was your family’s breadwinner. It might be possible to recover their lost wages, as well as any future earnings that would have been generated had they not passed away.
- Benefits: Health insurance and other job bonuses may also be recoverable in addition.
- Funeral and burial: It is also possible to recover the costs of burial and funeral expenses for a deceased loved one. A significant amount of money can be spent on this.
- Pain and suffering: As a result of the death of your loved one, you may be able to recover damages for losses such as loss of consortium, depression, emotional distress and anxiety.
Modesto Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m a Modesto personal injury lawyer. An accident caused by someone else’s negligence can result in a wrongful death claim for the family. If you call us at (209) 227-1931, we can provide you with compassionate, free and friendly advice. You can also contact us online or at (800) 404-5400.
We have helped many people receive compensation for injuries caused by accidents through AutoAccident.com’s injury lawyers, as you can see below:
Our membership in the following organizations is an honor:
Photo attribution: Image by David Mark from Pixabay
:cd llo