Fatal Roseville Accident Kills Man on Blue Oaks Boulevard
A skateboarder who died in an August 29 fatal Roseville accident involving a motor vehicle has been identified as 31-year-old Mihai Pasconi. The collision occurred around 9:14 p.m. on Blue Oaks Boulevard as he was on his way home following a skateboard ride around the neighborhood, according to the Roseville Police Department. Although Pasconi was taken to a hospital for medical care, he died there.
Investigation Being Conducted on Fatal Roseville Accident
The driver in the accident remained at the site and cooperated in the investigation. Neither drugs nor alcohol appear to factor into the cause. Pasconi was married with three children. A GoFundMe site has been set up for the family to help them with funeral and other expenses.
California Laws Involving Skateboarders
Although skateboarders are allowed to ride on a roadway, some laws must be obeyed, such as:
- Riders under 18 must wear a protective helmet.
- They are required to yield to motor vehicles when signs are present.
- Pedestrians must be yielded to at all crosswalks, whether marked or unmarked.
- Skateboarders must be standing, not sitting, kneeling, or lying down.
- They must not interfere with or impede traffic.
- Skateboarders are not permitted to ride in areas that are business-designated.
Contacting an Accident Attorney About Filing a Wrongful Death Claim
When a family loses a loved one in a fatal Roseville accident, whether the surviving family members (wife/husband and children) can file a wrongful death claim depends on whether the skateboarder or the motor vehicle driver was negligent. Personal injury lawyers often offer a free consultation in which you can have your case reviewed, ask any questions, and find out whether you can file a claim.
Evidence Must Be Gathered That Supports Your Claim for Wrongful Death
An injury attorney has the experience and backing to investigate the cause of a fatal Roseville accident. This often includes investigative techniques like examining the involved vehicle to determine how the skateboarder, pedestrian, or other person was struck and the individual’s and car’s positioning. Traffic surveillance cameras are examined, witnesses are interviewed, and the police report is checked for mistakes and others.
Damages That May Be Recovered
The family may recover wrongful death compensation such as the following:
- Expenses for the funeral and burial
- The decedent’s wages until they would have reached retirement age
- The surviving spouse can recover compensation for the loss of affection, moral support, and consortium
- Children in the family may recover compensation for their loss of a parent’s love, nurturing, and guidance
Personal injury lawyer Ed Smith offers the following tips on what someone looking for legal advice should look for in an attorney:
Roseville Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith. I’m a Roseville personal injury lawyer. We all find it difficult to cope with losing a loved one, especially if it was avoidable. Contact our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 if you need free, friendly advice about a wrongful death claim.
It is a source of pride for us to be a member of the following organizations:
To learn more about what our injury lawyers have done for others and how they have assisted them, please click on the following links:
Photo attribution: Image by Andrew Martin from Pixabay
:cd llo