Accident Along I-5 Kills One Motorcyclist and Causes Severe Injuries to the Other
A fatal motorcycle crash along a Sacramento highway on February 13 resulted in the death of one person and severe injuries to another. The collision occurred in the Pocket area along Interstate 5 northbound near Florin Road at around 8:27 p.m. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that two people were riding the motorcycle at the time of the fatal collision.
Authorities Investigating to Determine Cause of Fatal Motorcycle Crash
One rider succumbed to their injuries because of the crash. Officials have recently identified the decedent as Johnny Ray Wills, 43, of San Bruno. The other is reported as in critical condition at a hospital. Traffic was backed up due to the accident, and motorists were told to exercise caution when traveling through the area. It is unknown at this time what caused the accident, which is under investigation by authorities.
Losing a Loved One in a Motorcycle Crash
Motorcyclists face so many dangers on the road that it is natural for family members to worry. When they learn that their loved one died, they want to know what happened. The investigators and legal team at AutoAccident.com feel the same way. It is important that facts and evidence are not lost or discarded, leaving family members feeling helpless.
That is why our firm does not stand by and wait for the official description of the accident. We send our own investigators out there to determine liability. We scour the area for information and obtain video capture of the accident from surveillance cameras. Our trained investigators talk to witnesses and use accident reconstruction techniques to show vehicle placement. When this work is done, our legal team uses it to build a robust case against the at-fault party.
Motorcyclists and Dangers on the Road
Motorcycle riders, despite trying to stay safe, face serious injuries or the risk of fatality when they crash. Some of the more common causes of a motorcycle crash include:
- It is common for a driver to make a turn in front of a motorcycle rider and cause a collision.
- Poorly maintained roadways can cause motorcycle accidents. Potholes, disruption of the pavement, inadequate lighting, and other issues can cause motorcycle accidents involving government maintenance. Government entities are usually liable for these accidents, and it is possible to sue them for the damage they caused.
- Speeding motorists cause many collisions involving motorcycles. Speeders are a danger to everyone on the road because they have long stopping distances and may lose control of their vehicle.
- Distracted drivers are at risk of causing accidents when they text, talk on a cell phone, adjust a radio or do anything else that takes their attention from the road.
- An impaired driver can cause a motorcycle crash. A drunk driver cannot maintain their lane, doesn’t know what vehicles are close to them and has slowed reflexes, which makes it difficult for them to stop in time in the event of an emergency.
- A defective part on the motorcycle can lead to an accident. It is important to retain the vehicle so that engineers can examine it to look for defects. If one is found that caused the accident, a claim can be placed against the manufacturer by filing a product liability claim.
Please watch the following video presented by attorney Ed Smith that explains wrongful death claims:
Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. When your loved one dies because of another’s negligent actions, the family might want to find out whether they can file a wrongful death claim. You are welcome to contact us for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be contacted online.
In addition to others, we are honored to belong to the following groups:
Find out how our team of injury lawyers has helped others by visiting the following links:
:cd llo ds