Sunrise Boulevard Two-Vehicle Accident May Have Involved Reckless Driver
A two-vehicle accident happened in Fair Oaks that resulted in minor injuries. The collision occurred along northbound Sunrise Boulevard just south of Fair Oaks Boulevard around 5:10 p.m. between a Jeep and a Chevy van. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the far left lane was blocked by the collision.
Authorities Report One Car Was Speeding Before Two-Vehicle Accident
Prior to the traffic accident, the Jeep was reportedly speeding more than 65 mph and swerving in and out of the lanes before it rear-ended the van. The roadway was reported as clear at 6:19 p.m. An investigation by the CHP into the accident will determine fault. It was not reported whether the individual who suffered injuries was taken to a hospital or treated at the accident scene.
Rear-End Collisions Can Result in a Variety of Injuries
While many people believe rear-end collisions only result in minor injuries, this is not true. An injury may result in one or more of the following:
- A defective airbag or even hitting the steering wheel can cause facial trauma if glass or metal shards are thrown. Trauma to the face can result in disfigurement or scarring, which requires plastic surgery to repair.
- During a rear-end collision or when airbags or seat belts are deployed, bone fractures can occur in the chest and lower limbs.
- Some people experience numbness, pain and difficulty moving their head due to cervical strains or sprains, while others suffer shoulder pain and arm tingling. Many people recover from rear-end collisions within several months, but others may experience pain and symptoms for years.
- In a rear-end collision, the individual’s head can suddenly move back and forth, causing traumatic brain injuries.
- When a motorist is speeding at the time of a rear-end accident, amputation or crush injuries may result.
- Back injuries may result in strains or sprains as well as more serious trauma, such as a ruptured disc. These types of injuries often cause periodic or permanent pain and discomfort as well as result in the injured person having to curtail their activities.
Accident Claims Against Negligent Drivers
In the event that you are injured by a negligent driver in a two-vehicle accident, you have a right to seek compensation. The following losses can typically be collected with the assistance of an accident attorney, although not all traffic collisions are the same.
- The costs of all medical care resulting from your accident injuries are recoverable.
- Wages, bonuses, pensions and insurance benefits you lost due to incapacity to work can be recouped.
- The difference in the income you would have earned if your injury prevented you from working at a higher-paying job can be recovered.
- Emotional distress, such as psychological problems that arise from the accident can be compensated.
- Compensation for your physical pain and suffering is recoverable.
- Compensation for scarring and disfigurement can be recovered.
Fair Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I am a Fair Oaks personal injury lawyer. Medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering can all result from being injured in a two-vehicle accident. When negligence by another motorist was the cause, you might want to find out whether you are entitled to file for compensation. You can obtain free and friendly advice from our accident attorneys by contacting us at (916) 921-6400 or at (800) 404-5400. We can also be messaged online.
We are proud members of the organizations below:
The following cases and comments by former clients have been handled by our injury lawyers:
:cd llo