San Juan Avenue Head-On Crash Causes Major Injury
A major injury in Fair Oaks was reported on September 15 following a head-on crash. The collision occurred on southbound San Juan Avenue just south of Madison Avenue around 1:40 p.m. between a Jeep SUV and a black sedan. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that one of the vehicles was blocking the southbound slow lane along San Juan and that one party remained in their vehicle.
Head-On Crash Being Investigated to Determine Fault in Major Injury
Emergency responders with the fire department arrived to assess injuries and determined that one party had suffered a broken femur. The patient was transported to a hospital for treatment. The accident is being investigated to determine how it occurred by the CHP.
The Dangers of a Head-On Crash
Accidents involving a head-on crash are among the most dangerous. This is because the velocities of both vehicles combine upon impact. In other words, if a car is moving at 55 mph and strikes another vehicle going at the same speed, the impact is at 110 mph. Traumatic injuries and fatalities are common in these types of accidents.
How Do Head-On Collisions Occur?
There are a number of ways that a frontal impact collision can happen. Following are some of the most common:
- Drunk driving is the most common cause of a head-on collision, and these accidents often occur on highways because the driver entered through the exit ramp and ended up going the wrong way in the fast lane.
- Improper passing can lead to a crash head-on if the view ahead is obscured. Many of these accidents occur because the driver is tired of following a slower vehicle.
- Distracted driving can lead to a frontal impact collision if the motorist is looking away. It only takes a few seconds to leave your lane or make another error that can cause a head-on.
- Unfamiliarity with the area can cause a frontal crash if the driver takes a wrong turn.
- Drowsy drivers have been compared to those who are inebriated because they exhibit similar symptoms behind the wheel of a car.
- Poor ramp design, badly placed signage and other problems can lead to a driver entering incorrectly and ending up going in the wrong direction. The government entity that handles the design and maintenance of highway ramps can be held responsible if it is determined this caused or contributed to the accident. Because the time limit to file a claim against a government entity is only six months, getting help from an accident attorney is a good idea. The attorney cannot only ensure the claim is filed on time but can negotiate for the injured party with the government entity to get you the compensation you deserve.
Fair Oaks Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Fair Oaks car accident lawyer. When you or your loved one has suffered injuries because of a driver who was negligent, you have the right to claim compensation. Feel welcome to contact us at (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly advice about your case. You can also contact us either online or by calling (800) 404-5400. We can arrange a free consultation for you either virtually or in person, where your case can be reviewed by one of our accident attorneys, and you can ask questions and learn more about your options to recover damages.
You can discover how our clients have obtained fair compensation for their accident injuries by clicking on the following links:
Our injury lawyers work hard to get the maximum compensation, as you can see by our membership in the following groups:
:cd llo