Madison Avenue Intersection Accident Involves Two Vehicles
On August 17th, an intersection accident occurred in Fair Oaks, which resulted in two juveniles being transported to a local hospital. The collision happened around 4:45 in the afternoon at the intersection of Lincoln Oaks Drive and Madison Avenue between a Nissan Pathfinder and Nissan Titan. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) report of the accident said the crash did not block the intersection.
Accident Being Investigated to Determine Fault
A tow truck was required to remove the Pathfinder. The Fair Oaks Volunteer Fire Department transported the young people to the hospital with unreported injuries. The CHP is investigating to find out how the intersection accident happened and to assign fault.
Common Causes of an Intersection Accident
Traffic intersections help motorists, bicycle riders, pedestrians and others get from one place to another. Unfortunately, the latest statistics show that more than 50 percent of all crashes are due to an intersection accident. Some of the most common types of intersection accidents include:
- Distracted drivers: Drivers who are multi-tasking, such as texting, talking on their cell phone, eating, drinking a soda, or changing a radio station, are obviously not giving their full attention to the road ahead. These distractions can prevent a motorist from seeing a traffic light change or others already passing through an intersection.
- Speeders: Drivers who are going above the speed limit may not have enough time to stop at a red light or end up rear-ending another car waiting for the traffic signal to change. Because they are going above the safe speed limit, this type of accident can cause serious injuries or even fatalities.
- Badly designed intersections: The lack of clear visibility due to poor design can cause problems for drivers. In addition, the presence of untrimmed shrubs, potholes and other lack of maintenance can lead to an intersection accident. When the government entity charged with design and maintenance is the reason for an intersection accident, the injured party may hold them financially responsible.
- Driver fatigue: Motorists who are too fatigued to be behind the wheel of a car exhibit reactions similar to drunk drivers. Their reactions are slowed, and the driver can nod off behind the wheel or drift out of their lane without realizing it.
- Drunk driving: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is one of the leading causes of an intersection accident and is entirely preventable. Impaired judgment, slowed reflexes and problems judging distances can lead to the driver making a poor decision or running a red light.
- Defective vehicle parts: A defect in a vehicle’s engine, brakes, accelerator or steering can result in an intersection accident. If a defective part causes an accident, the injured person can file an auto product liability claim against the manufacturer. Because the vehicle has to be examined for defects to support a claim, it is important to retain it after the accident.
Those who are injured in intersection accidents can file a claim against the at-fault party/parties with the help of an injury attorney. Those who are injured by another’s negligent actions often face financial challenges as well as physical and emotional trauma. Over the years, my legal team and I have successfully handled many of these claims, obtaining fair compensation for our clients.
Fair Oaks Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Fair Oaks car accident lawyer. Accident injuries can result in high medical bills and lost wages as well as pain and suffering. Call us for our free and friendly advice on whether you can place a compensation claim at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or online.
We’re honored to belong to the following groups:
Additional information about how we’ve helped others can be found at the links below:
Photo attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd llo