Multiple-Vehicle Crash Reported on I-5 Near Elk Grove Boulevard
An Elk Grove multiple-vehicle crash resulted in trauma to at least one person on January 17. The crash occurred along southbound I-5 just south of the Elk Grove Boulevard off-ramp around 2:14 p.m. The incident reportedly involved at least three vehicles, including a Ford pickup, van and Mercedes Benz, according to the report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
CHP Determining Fault in Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Two of the vehicles were pulled off at the center divider, while the rest were on the right-hand shoulder of the highway. Sacramento Fire Department responders were called to the accident scene to assess injuries. One person involved in the crash reported having chest pain following the multiple-vehicle collision, however, no further details were given. A determination of fault is being assessed by the CHP during their investigation into the cause of the incident.
Multiple-Vehicle Crashes: Contributing Factors
There is nothing more terrifying than an accident involving multiple vehicles, which often results in serious injuries or even death. Certain conditions or negligent drivers can lead to one. The following factors are often responsible for a multiple-vehicle crash:
- Impaired driving: The judgment of drunk or drugged drivers is impaired, their reflexes are sluggish and their judgment is impaired as well. Each year, drunk and drugged drivers cause a wide range of accidents.
- Tailgating: In many accidents caused by tailgating, multiple cars are involved, as the first two cars colliding don’t give other vehicles as much time to stop before they become involved in the crash.
- Distracted driving: Changing the radio station or texting while driving can lead to a multiple-vehicle crash. In just over five seconds, the vehicle would travel a football field’s length at highway speeds.
- Speed: It is common for a multiple-vehicle accident to result from speeding. A driver losing control cannot avoid hitting a car that suddenly slows down if it does it abruptly.
- Fatigued driver: In the same way that an intoxicated motorist can cause a pileup, a fatigued driver can do so as well. It might be a good idea to pull over and rest, or you could walk around your car to wake up. It may be a better idea to call an Uber or a friend to give you a ride if you are overtired.
- Poor road maintenance: The impact of potholes causes vehicles to lose control, leave their lane and hit other cars. Collisions can be caused by a variety of factors, including debris in the roadway, poor lighting and poorly placed signage. A government entity responsible for maintenance may be liable for an accident that results in injury or death. The six-month filing deadline for claims against a government entity, however, may make it necessary to work with an accident attorney to ensure the deadline is met.
Elk Grove Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, an Elk Grove car accident lawyer. An injury lawyer could provide you with free legal advice if you were injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault. Our free and friendly advice can be obtained by contacting (916) 694-0002 or (800) 404-5400. Please feel free to contact us online as well. If you have been injured and are seeking compensation for your losses, you can schedule a free online or virtual consultation to discuss your case.
We are members of the following organizations:
Injury lawyers at our firm helped the following people obtain fair compensation:
:cd llo