Elk Grove Accident Injury
Elk Grove Accident Injury. An Elk Grove accident injury happened on October 14 at State Route 99 southbound when three vehicles collided. The accident happened where construction equipment was located; however, it is unknown at this time whether that played a role in the accident. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), EMTs were called to the scene along with at least one tow truck, which was needed to remove a vehicle from a precarious position.
Elk Grove Accident Injury Details
The accident happened at around 7:30 in the morning just south of the Elk Grove Boulevard off-ramp when a Chevy Silverado pickup, Ford Fiesta, and SUV crashed. According to the police report, two of the vehicles ended up on the right-hand side of the road. The third vehicle launched into the air onto a piece of construction equipment and ended standing directly up. The CHP will be investigating the collision as to cause, and it is unknown at this time whether alcohol or drugs played a part in the accident.
Construction Zone Accidents
Although an Elk Grove accident injury can occur anywhere, construction zones are frequent locations for collisions and can result in serious injuries. This is despite the warning lights, signs and cones in construction zones, flagmen and other precautions that are taken in these areas. Although construction zones, where work is ongoing, commonly cause reduced lanes for traffic and lowered speed. Not all drivers become aware of these changes until it is too late. Some of the common reasons for construction zone accidents are as follows:
- Running into fixed objects: Construction zones are places where signs, barriers, and equipment are placed. In some cases, a piece of construction equipment will be entering or exiting the roadway. These objects serve as opportunities for an Elk Grove accident to happen, causing injuries, if the driver or road worker is distracted and hits them.
- Colliding with a road worker: There are always plenty of road workers around a construction site and driving carelessly or distracted can cause a collision with one of them, even though they are wearing brightly colored hard hats and reflective vests.
- Speeding: Speeding is responsible for a large number of auto accidents each year. It can be especially hazardous near construction sites. A driver going above the speed limit requires more distance to slow down, which can result in an Elk Grove accident injury when the vehicle collides with construction barriers, equipment or other motorists.
- Reckless driving: Uneven pavement can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle and crash into another car or barrier. This happens when the driver is reckless about managing sections of pavement where work is being done and extra caution is required.
- Merging: At construction sites, a driver will often face areas where traffic has to merge because lanes are narrowed down. An aggressive driver who tries to force their way ahead of other vehicles can cause a serious accident injury.
Proving Government Negligence
Collisions in or near construction areas are common but proving liability is important for an injured driver or passengers of a vehicle to obtain fair compensation for their injuries. In cases against government entities such as Caltrans, the injured person must file a claim within six months with the government entity, depending on whether the initial claim is rejected or accepted. This is why an injured person should contact an experienced injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Elk Grove Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Elk Grove car accident lawyer. When you have been injured in an accident or your loved one has, I am here to offer you free and friendly advice. I can be reached in the Elk Grove area at (916) 694-0002, or if you are calling long-distance from other parts of Northern California, you can use the toll-free line at (800) 404-5400.
Milliondollaradvocates.com, a forum I belong to, only accepts membership from trial lawyers who have obtained a settlement or verdict for a client of over $1 million.
Over my career of more than 36 years, I have obtained fair compensation for many residents of Elk Grove and Northern California in areas such as all types of motor vehicle accidents, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful deaths.
At the following links, you can look over reviews by my clients, and see some of the cases we have handled:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/construction-worker-work-worker-man-569126/
:cd [cs 757] cv