El Dorado Hills Truck Crash
El Dorado Hills Truck Crash. An El Dorado Hills truck crash often happens because of a negligent driver or the company that employs them. Local residents of El Dorado Hills often make trips to Sacramento, up U.S. 50 for shopping, entertainment or work and travel. This is where the majority of accidents involving big trucks are likely to happen. Knowing what can cause an accident with a big truck can help motorists to stay sharp, and watch for some behaviors that might spell an accident waiting to happen.
Reasons an El Dorado Hills Truck Crash Can Occur
When a commercial truck that weighs up to 80,000 pounds collides with a much smaller motor vehicle, it can result in serious injuries. While many of these accidents are the fault of the motorist in smaller vehicles, some are caused by truck drivers or even by the companies that employs those person. Some of the common reasons that El Dorado Hills truck crash injuries could happen include:
- Poor training: At this time, new drivers of big trucks are not required to participate in training to get licensed. However, there is a bill pending that requires training on a big rig before obtaining a California CDL license. Required training could help lower the number of truck accidents by ensuring that drivers are competent.
- Distracted driving: One of the problems with driving a commercial truck is the number of hours a driver must spend on the road to deliver goods from one destination to another. It can be a monotonous journey. However, falling prey to distractions such as texting or chatting on the phone, grabbing a meal while driving and looking at social media could cause an El Dorado Hills truck crash.
- Maintenance: All drivers of large trucks must perform an inspection of the vehicle each time it goes out on the road. This is meant to ensure that the truck is safe to drive. If a company or driver that owns the truck ignores the need to replace tires, brakes or other equipment, it can end up causing a collision.
- Drugged or drunk driving: Drunk driving is a smaller issue with truck drivers. However, using illicit, prescription or over-the-counter medications to stay awake for long hours is fairly common. Since some drugs can affect judgment, reaction time and reflexes, impairment can lead to a crash.
- Fatigue: Long, monotonous hours driving with only short breaks and strict deadlines can cause fatigue. A company may also pressure a driver to take unnecessary risks to deliver goods by spending too much time on the road. Driving when overtired can result in a serious crash.
- Speed: Speeding is dangerous in any vehicle but can be even more so in a big rig or other large truck. Just as it is in smaller cars and trucks, speeding in a big rig makes it harder for the driver to control the vehicle, react in an emergency and slow down or stop. It also puts the truck at risk of jackknifing or roll over when going around sharp curves.
El Dorado Hills Truck Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an El Dorado Hills truck accident lawyer. If you or your loved one has been injured in a crash with a negligent truck driver, you may benefit from the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Phone me at (916) 921-6400 in El Dorado Hills for free and friendly advice. I can be reached at (800) 404-5400 throughout the rest of Northern California. You can also reach out to me online by using my contact us page on AutoAccident.com, the website I own and created.
Over my 36 years as a lawyer, I’ve assisted many residents around the El Dorado Hills area and other Northern Californians to get the compensation they deserve and need for brain injuries, all types of car accidents and in cases of wrongful death.
A forum was established at milliondollaradvocates.com to recognize exceptional trial lawyers in the nation who have obtained more than one million dollars for a client. I am a California member of this group.
When you are seeking legal representation, it is a good idea to find information on the law firm before calling. At the pages listed below, you will discover client comments and reviews and how I have helped prior clients:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_11812873_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 737] cv