Collision on El Dorado Freeway Causes SigAlert
An eight-vehicle freeway accident was reported in Sacramento on November 2, initiating a SigAlert and injuries. The collision occurred just before 8:00 a.m. along eastbound U.S. 50 just west of 65th Street. One SUV was lifted on top of another vehicle, and all lanes traveling east were blocked to traffic, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report.
Eastbound Lanes Completely Blocked by Freeway Accident
A SigAlert was issued around 8:10 a.m. and was estimated to be in place for around 45 minutes. No detours were provided. The roadway was clear at about 8:49 a.m. when the vehicles were either towed from the scene or taken off to a parking lot nearby. The accident is being investigated by the CHP to find out how the freeway crash occurred.
Causes of a Freeway Accident Involving Multiple Vehicles
Accidents along freeways are often caused by one or more of the following factors:
- Speeding – Drivers who are speeding are more likely to lose control of their vehicles, leading to accidents.
- Tailgating – If drivers follow too closely, they may not have enough time to react to a sudden stop or change in traffic pattern, leading to an accident.
- Rubbernecking – When drivers slow down or stop to look at an accident or other incident on the side of the road, it can cause a chain reaction that leads to additional collisions.
- Distracted driving – Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the road (e.g., texting, talking on the phone, eating, etc.) can lead to an accident.
- Intoxicated driving – Drunk or drugged drivers are impaired and have slowed reflexes, making them more likely to get in an accident.
- Fatigue – Drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving, as it can lead to slowed reflexes and poor decision making.
- Aggressive driving – Angry or aggressive drivers are more likely to take risks and drive recklessly, leading to accidents.
- Weather – Inclement weather can make driving conditions more difficult and lead to accidents (e.g., slick roads from rain or snow). However, even if a driver is at the speed limit, they may be guilty of reckless driving if weather conditions warrant slowing down.
- Roadway conditions – Potholes, pavement upheavals, oily spots in the roadway, inadequate lighting and other problems can lead to a freeway accident. The government entity in charge of maintenance may be held responsible for accident injuries due to poorly kept roadways. The time limit for filing is only six months, so acquiring assistance from an accident attorney may be advisable to meet the deadline.
Seeking Legal Advice After a Freeway Accident Injury
If you have been involved in a collision on the freeway, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible, as you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. An experienced car accident lawyer can evaluate your case and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. If you sustained injuries in an accident caused by a negligent driver, you might be able to recover compensation. Contact us at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice about whether you may be eligible to recover damages. Our toll-free phone number is (800) 404-5400, and you can reach us online as well.
It is an honor to be a member of these organizations:
To get a better idea about how our injury attorneys have helped others, please follow the links below:
:cd llo