Two-Vehicle Crash on Antelope Road Injures Motorcyclist
A major injury occurred at an Antelope intersection crash on October 20. The accident happened at the Antelope Road intersection with Roseville Road around 10:44 a.m. between a motor vehicle and a motorcycle. The motorcycle was towed from the scene.
Motorcyclist Suffers Major Injury in Intersection Crash
The injured rider was transported to a hospital nearby with what were described as major injuries. The incident is under investigation by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) to find fault and find out what happened to cause the crash.
What Leads to Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents occur for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving impairs cognitive judgment and the driver’s ability to handle a vehicle safely.
- Tailgating: The act of tailgating is one of the most dangerous types of driving. An accident caused by a motor vehicle hitting a motorcycle from behind is often fatal because the rider is ejected.
- Speeding: Motorcyclists are often involved in accidents caused by speeding motorists. When a motorist speeds, he or she will not be able to see what is going on around them. Additionally, they cannot stop in time to avoid a major injury accident.
- Improper left turns: When a motorist fails to judge the distance between the biker and themselves when making a left-hand turn, riders are injured and killed. Left-turn accidents also happen when motorists fail to see motorcycles or fail to yield to them when they make a left turn. In intersections, this is common.
- Lane splitting: If a motorist wants to change lanes, he or she must consider whether another driver or motorcyclist is in the lane next to them. A vehicle’s blind spot can hinder their ability to carry out this obligation, so they must take extra precautions to stay safe, especially since lane splitting is common in California.
- Neglected roadways: A motorcycle accident can be caused by potholes, worn pavement, lack of signage, etc. There is a possibility of filing a claim against the government agency responsible for maintaining the roads in such a case. Because you have only six months to file a claim, getting help from an accident attorney may be advisable.
- Defective parts: A motorcycle accident can be caused by defective design or manufacture. It is possible to file a claim for damages against the manufacturer if this happens to you.
Getting Help From an Attorney
Because motorcycles and cars are different in size and the rider isn’t properly protected, motorcycle riders can suffer a major injury or death in collisions. It can be very helpful to have the insight of an attorney in this situation. At our firm, we are committed to obtaining maximum compensation for motorcyclists.
In order to establish fault and determine why the major injury intersection crash occurred, our investigators visit the scene of the accident to gather evidence. A police report is reviewed for errors by our investigators after they interview witnesses, obtain video footage from surveillance cameras and investigate the cause of the motorcycle accident. All this information is collected and released to our legal team for use in building a strong case against the motorist.
Antelope Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Antelope motorcycle lawyer. In the event of a collision caused by a negligent motorist, you should seek compensation for any damages you have suffered. We are here to help. If you’d like free and friendly advice, please call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be reached online.
We are proud members of the Million Dollar Advocates and the Top 1 Percent.
Learn more about how our injury lawyers have handled cases for others on the following pages:
Photo attribution: Image by Albrecht Fietz from Pixabay
:cd llo