Citrus Heights Skateboarder Accident
A horrific Citrus Heights skateboarder accident happened on December 27 when a parolee struck the skateboarder while driving along Auburn Boulevard. The collision caused the skateboarder to pass through the windshield of the vehicle. The driver continued on with the skateboarder still in the car on the passenger side. Police received a call reporting what had happened and used that information to locate the female skateboarder, age 27, who was still in the vehicle, although the driver had left. She was transported to a local hospital with what were described as non-life threatening but major injuries.
Details of the Citrus Heights Skateboarder Accident
The police department in Citrus Heights was notified at about 5:40 in the afternoon about the accident along Auburn Boulevard close to Charwood Lane. Upon arriving at the location where the crash happened, police found only the skateboard and the woman’s shoes. The skateboarder apparently called police herself reporting that she had been involved in the accident. However, she didn’t know where she was. A second caller reported that the car was at Mariposa Avenue, close to Community Drive. Upon arriving there, police discovered the injured woman and called for an ambulance.
Driver Arrested in Citrus Heights Skateboarder Accident
Officers with the Citrus Heights Police Department found the suspect in the Citrus Heights skateboarder accident, Angel Huerta, age 27 and a resident of Sacramento, nearby. Huerta was discovered to be on parole for felony DUI and robbery. He also exhibited injuries that would have been consistent with a motor vehicle accident. Police placed Huerta under arrest with charges on suspicion of parole violation and kidnapping, along with other charges for felony hit-and-run and DUI.
Hit and Run Accidents
Hit and run accidents are common in most cities. The most frequent reasons drivers leave the scene are:
- They panic and run.
- The driver is intoxicated and does not want to be caught drinking and driving.
- The vehicle lacks proper registration, or the driver is not licensed.
- The driver is held in high esteem in their community and does not want to be looked down upon.
How to Help Locate a Hit and Run Driver
The injured party can play a big part in helping police to apprehend the guilty party. If possible, it is important to be observant. Look for some common ways to identify the vehicle/driver:
- Color: Note the color of the vehicle. Manufacturers often use a particular shade for certain models. This can help police know what type of vehicle to look for.
- License plate number: Being able to obtain the license plate number is a great help. Even if you can only remember a few of the numbers/letters, that helps too. The police will be able to track the vehicle in many cases.
- Decals or bumper stickers: Try to see if the vehicle has bumper stickers or decals. Although many bumper stickers are common, that and the color of the vehicle can be used by police to identify it.
- Distinguishing features: You can look for distinguishing features of the driver. Note whether the driver is male or female and their hair color.
- Direction: Note which direction the vehicle takes as they leave. The same is true of a driver leaving on foot.
How a Lawyer Helps
Following an accident that results in an injury, the person who was harmed and their family are understandably concerned. Their concern is both for their loved one and for any possible financial repercussions caused by high medical expenses and lost income. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help by working with the insurance company to obtain the necessary funds to pay those outstanding bills. If an agreement is not reached, the lawyer can build a case for fair compensation in civil court that will be strong.
Citrus Heights Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Citrus Heights personal injury lawyer. Those who have been injured because of a negligent driver can experience high medical bills, time lost from work and the pain and suffering that goes with any injury. If you or someone you care about is in this situation, I would be honored to offer you free and friendly advice. You can get in touch with me at (916) 621-6400 or at (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is also available, and I will get in touch with you.
One group I belong to is the Million Dollar Forum, which is composed of trial attorneys who have won more than $1 million for a previous client through either a settlement or a verdict.
I have been honored to have represented many residents of Citrus Heights and surrounding Northern California for 36 years, helping them obtain fair compensation for their personal injury losses, including all types of car accidents, brain injuries, other traumas, and wrongful deaths.
Because there are many personal injury lawyers available, it can be helpful to read reviews left by former clients and look over prior cases before you choose who to call. You can see mine at the following links:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_11765047_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 857] cv