Accident at Manzanita Avenue Intersection Involves Two Vehicles
An intersection accident in Carmichael on June 30 resulted in minor injuries. The collision happened around 3:51 p.m. at the intersection of Manzanita and Madison avenues between a Ford Mustang and Nissan Pathfinder, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report. The intersection was blocked by the crash between the two vehicles.
Injuries Reported in at Least One Person in Intersection Accident
One individual was reported to have lacerations to their right hand, which happened during the intersection accident. Information was not provided on whether that patient was treated at the accident scene or taken to a hospital for additional care. Both vehicles had to be removed by tow trucks. The CHP is investigating to assign fault in the crash.
Why an Intersection Accident Is Common
According to the latest statistics, more than half of all traffic collisions occur at intersections. This is not surprising since there are motor vehicles, motorcycles, bicyclists and pedestrians all converging in the same location. Most of these accidents are caused by their complexity and driver negligence, such as:
- Speeding is an activity that prevents a driver from being able to stop before causing an intersection accident.
- Running a red light or stop sign is probably the most common cause of a crash at an intersection.
- Fatigued driving causes a driver to not be alert to other traffic and perhaps fall asleep while being behind the wheel of a car.
- Making a risky left or right turn can lead to an intersection accident. In these cases, the driver neglects to see the presence of a bicycle rider or pedestrian in a crosswalk or can’t see oncoming vehicles because the view is blocked.
Intersections That Are Poorly Designed
Sometimes, an intersection accident occurs due to poor design or lack of maintenance, which limits the vision of drivers and others using the bike lanes or crosswalks. When poor design or maintenance causes an accident, the injured party may file a claim against the government entity that built or maintains the area. The statute of limitations for filing against a government entity is only six months, which isn’t much time.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer who has successfully handled claims against a government entity is a good idea because you can ensure the paperwork will be completed correctly and filed within the timeline.
Intersection Accident Investigation Factors
In any type of injury accident, it is necessary to prove that another party was negligent and caused the client’s injuries. We send out investigators to the intersection accident site to collect the evidence needed to build a strong compensation claim. It includes:
- Interviewing witnesses
- Examining the police reports to ensure their accuracy
- Checking for surveillance cameras that captured the collision on tape
- Looking for signs of poor roadway design or maintenance
- Performing accident reconstruction
- Looking for signs of negligence in the other motorist, such as speeding, distracted driving and others
Personal Injury Attorneys in Carmichael
I am Ed Smith, a personal injury attorney in Carmichael. If negligence by another caused your accident injuries, you are welcome to phone us to find out if you can recover damages. You can get our free and friendly advice by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We also offer online contact if you would prefer to send us a message.
Belonging to the groups that follow helps show how dedicated our injury lawyers are to helping others:
You can find out how we have assisted others in recovering the compensation they deserve at the links that follow:
:cd llo