Motorcyclist Injured at Marshall Avenue Intersection in Hit-and-Run Accident
A hit-and-run accident in Carmichael caused injuries to a motorcycle rider on January 10 at an intersection. The accident happened around 11:00 a.m. at the intersection of Marshall Avenue and Fair Oaks Boulevard. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) said that an individual who called in to report the collision advised that the vehicle that struck the motorcyclist continued on and possibly crashed into another red car when they were leaving.
Fleeing Driver Sought in Carmichael Hit-and-Run Accident
A tow truck was called to remove the motorcycle. Information was not provided on whether the rider was treated by medics at the scene or transported to a hospital for treatment. The CHP is conducting an investigation into the hit-and-run accident to determine fault and locate the hit-and-run driver.
Locating a Fleeing Driver Following a Hit-and-Run
Following an accident involving a fleeing driver, it is important to find that individual, which allows an injured party to file a claim to recover compensation. We believe it is difficult enough to recover from injuries caused by another motorist. Having to pay for the medical bills, lost wages, and endure the pain and suffering of an accident should be reimbursed by the at-fault party. We work hard to locate drivers who have fled the scene of an accident and have been successful many times. Some of the ways we locate a hit-and-run driver include:
- Our investigators go to the accident site to begin collecting evidence. They take photographs of the scene and look for paint marks and dropped metal pieces. Those items can be used to help identify the make and model of the vehicle since they are specific to certain years and manufacturers.
- Traffic surveillance cameras are checked to see if the hit-and-run accident was captured on film. If it was, that camera footage can be used to show how the accident occurred and identify the vehicle that caused it.
- The investigators go over the accident report filed by the police to see that it is accurate. Any mistakes could affect a client’s claim for compensation.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which can point toward who was at fault for the collision.
- The investigators interview any witnesses to the accident. Witnesses can often describe or identify the vehicle that fled from the scene. Others may even be able to describe the driver. Finally, there are times when a witness filmed the accident on their cell phone as it happened.
Once the evidence has been gathered, our injury attorneys use it in building a case that supports our client’s claim for compensation.
Using Insurance to Cover the Cost of Your Accident Injuries
If the driver is located but doesn’t have the wherewithal to pay for the accident injuries and is uninsured, the injured party can collect compensation by using their uninsured/underinsured insurance policy. This add-on policy is offered to all California drivers when they purchase auto insurance. If the injured person doesn’t have this policy but another member of the immediate family does, that can be used instead. It does not change the rate of the policy in the future.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Carmichael, CA
I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer in Carmichael. Injuries to a motorcycle rider can be severe, resulting in hospitalization and a long time off work. If a negligent driver caused your injuries, you may be able to place a claim to recover compensation. Give us a call for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or online. We can review your case with no obligation on your part, answer your questions and tell you about options to recover damages.
We belong to the following groups:
At the links that follow, you can see how we’ve assisted others:
:cd llo