Pedestrian Fatality Reported at Hampton Oak Drive
A traffic accident in Elk Grove on November 2 resulted in a pedestrian fatality. The fatal collision happened around 7:15 a.m. close to the Hampton Oak Drive intersection with Canyon View Drive, according to a news release by the Elk Grove Police Department. It was reported that the man, age 72, was wearing dark clothing and westbound on the road along Hampton Oak when the collision occurred.
Driver Cooperates With Investigation Into Cause of Pedestrian Fatality Accident
Although medical aid was administered by medics and police, the man passed away at the accident scene. The driver of the vehicle that struck the pedestrian stayed at the accident scene and cooperated with the investigation. Authorities have identified the deceased as Khanjan Bahadury, 73, of Elk Grove.
Family Members and Wrongful Death Claims
Families of pedestrians killed due to negligence by another person or entity can file wrongful death claims with a personal injury lawyer. Having handled many cases involving a pedestrian fatality successfully, our wrongful death attorneys are skilled at obtaining compensation for grieving families.
Compensation for the Death of Pedestrians
It is possible for immediate family members to file a lawsuit in cases of wrongful death caused by the negligence of a driver. There is also the possibility of filing by the executor of the estate of the decedent. There can, however, only be one lawsuit filed. Recovery after a pedestrian fatality accident may include:
- Funeral and burial costs can be recouped.
- There is a potential recovery of the decedent’s wages, pension, insurance, tips and bonuses.
- Loss of consortium, moral support and affection provided by the deceased can be claimed by the surviving spouse.
- Children may recover damages for the guidance, training and nurturing they would have received if their parents had lived.
- The claim might be joined by the deceased person’s grandchildren if their parents died.
- Compensation may be available for household services provided by the loved one, such as vehicle maintenance, lawn care, tax preparation and others.
- When the decedent did not die immediately or was hospitalized before his or her death, the estate or family may bring a survival action. Medical bills and suffering before death are included in a survival action. However, it is best to have an injury attorney explain to you how this works and how it might affect your wrongful death claim.
- In the event of an intentional act or egregious behavior resulting in the death of a loved one, punitive damages may be available to the family. California rarely awards punitive damages, so you may want to ask your lawyer if they can be sought.
Deaths Caused by Traffic Accidents Involving Pedestrians
Many families have recovered compensation with the help of AutoAccident.com’s injury lawyers over the years. In the event of a pedestrian accident and the loss of a loved one, we understand the trauma caused to families by this type of accident. As difficult as these times can be for our clients, we strive to make things easier for them. We protect our clients’ rights while handling their cases with tenacity and investigation skills.
Elk Grove Car Accident & Wrongful Death Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, an Elk Grove Car Accident Lawyer. Get compassionate, free and friendly advice about filing a wrongful death claim by calling (916) 694-0002 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be contacted online.
Below are some examples of how our injury lawyers have helped others:
:cd llo ds