Brentwood Hit and Run Leaves Motorcyclist Critically Injured
I’m Ed Smith, a Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer. A hit and run accident in Brentwood left a motorcyclist with serious injuries on July 17, 2018. The collision occurred at approximately 6:00 a.m. within an unincorporated area of the city at the intersection of Vasco Road and Walnut Boulevard. Officers from the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and fire personnel responded to the scene and found an injured motorcyclist lying on the ground. The area of the crash was blocked by a fire engine to allow an emergency helicopter to land and transport a 60-year-old victim to the John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for treatment of unspecified, critical injuries. An update on the victim’s condition has not yet been released by officials.
What to Do after a Hit and Run Accident
Documentation is crucial in bringing a claim for damages after a hit and run accident. Since these types of accidents often occur quickly, an individual should know what details to observe and take note of immediately following the collision. Following are some things to document regarding an offending vehicle:
- License plate number: This is the most critical form of evidence you can obtain as this allows officials to identify the suspect vehicle more easily.
- Vehicle Identification: Although it may be difficult to remember a license plate number of a vehicle, memorizing the specific make, model and color of the suspect vehicle that hit you can greatly assist police in locating it later on.
- Direction: Document which way the car travels after an accident.
- Motorist Attributes: If you are able to see the motorist of the car, try to memorize what traits you can about them. Some of these traits include gender, age and clothing.
- Property Damage: If the other vehicle sustained damage in the crash, remember which area of the vehicle was impacted. These details can help police in easily identifying the suspect car.
- Photos: If you have a cell phone or camera with you, be sure to take images of the accident site to help with an accident investigation. These photographs should include evidence of roadway damage, tire marks, damage to your vehicle and debris left from the missing vehicle.
- File a Report: The sooner you file a traffic collision report, the better chances you will have for authorities tracking down the missing driver. Having these reports are also vital when filing an uninsured motorist claim with your own insurance company.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Contacting an experienced personal injury attorney in Brentwood after a hit and run accident is crucial. An experienced attorney will know the best way to proceed with your particular case in obtaining the monetary compensation you need to recover for time lost from work, medical costs and related damages. A lawyer may also be able to help in tracking down a missing driver. The sooner you call, the more effective your attorney will be.
Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyer. Motor vehicle accidents, especially those caused by hit and runs, can result in devastating injuries to those involved. If this has happened to you or someone you love, please contact me any time at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice.
Please feel free to browse our client feedback on:
I am proud to be a member of the Million Dollar Advocates, a forum comprised of trial attorneys who have won verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million for a client.
Go to my Verdicts and Settlements page to learn how I resolved cases in the past.
:jf ds [cs 619] cv