State Route 30 Accident Involving Big Rig Closes Down Roadway
A major injury occurred in a big rig accident involving two vehicles in Meridian, west of Yuba City, on October 10. The collision happened along State Route 30 just west of Tarke Road around 7:23 a.m. Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the entire roadway was blocked by the collision, and two vehicles had flipped over.
Authorities Investigating to Determine Fault in Highway Collision
A sweeper was called to the scene to clear the debris field. Because of the presence of the tractor-trailer and overturned vehicles as well as the transport of the injured party to a hospital, the road wasn’t cleared and reopened until about 9:12 a.m. The CHP is investigating the crash to ascertain how it occurred and place fault.
Dangers of a Big Rig Colliding With Passenger Vehicles
Because a tractor-trailer is much larger and heavier than a passenger vehicle, a collision with one can be disastrous for those riding in smaller cars. The average passenger vehicle weighs around 4,000 pounds, while tractor-trailers can weigh up to 80,000. If a big truck collides with a passenger vehicle, it can cause serious damage. Moreover, big rigs are much taller than passenger vehicles, so they can crush smaller cars if they strike them from the side or from behind. A big truck can also pose the following dangers:
- It is also possible for a driver of a big truck to miss a smaller vehicle on their right or left side due to the truck’s blind spots.
- If the cargo is overloaded or not placed in the trailer correctly, it can cause the truck to rollover, which can impact nearby vehicles.
- Bad brakes and other poor maintenance are common causes of an accident involving a tractor-trailer.
- Speeding can result in a serious traffic accident. Even if the driver does see a smaller car in the way, a big rig takes longer to stop than a passenger vehicle.
Injuries That Can Occur in a Rollover Crash
The following injuries commonly occur when a vehicle is struck or rolls over:
- Head trauma, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries such as whiplash
- Back injuries such as herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries, which can lead to paralysis
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Burns or other disfigurement from the accident itself or from the car catching on fire
In addition to being life-threatening, traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord trauma can be permanently disabling. An experienced accident attorney can advise you on your legal options if you or someone you love has been involved in a rollover crash. Getting started on your claim as soon as possible helps to provide the strong evidence needed to support your case.
Yuba City Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I am a Yuba City personal injury lawyer. When a negligent driver causes your injuries, you have the right to pursue compensation from them, which pays for your medical expenses and lost wages as well as reimburses you for your pain and suffering. If you would be interested in whether you can file a claim, contact our injury lawyers for their free and friendly advice at (530) 392-9400. You can also get in touch with us either by sending us an online message or calling our toll-free line at (800) 404-5400.
Many people have been assisted by our injury lawyers over the years, as you can see below:
Being members of the following is a real honor for us:
:cd llo