Big Rig Crash on I-680 in Pacheco
According to the California Highway Patrol, a crash involving a big rig and several other cars occurred on I-680 in the Pacheco area on Wednesday, August 17, 2022. The truck accident happened around 7:45 a.m. on southbound Interstate 680 in the vicinity of Pacheco Boulevard, officials reported.
Details on the Big Rig Crash on I-680 in Pacheco
A preliminary report by authorities revealed that a multi-vehicle collision occurred on southbound I-680 and involved a jackknifed tractor-trailer. An ambulance was requested at the scene of the big rig crash. However, details on possible injuries to any parties involved in the incident were not immediately released by CHP traffic officers.
Things to Do After Getting Injured in a Truck Accident
When a person has suffered traumatic injuries in a big rig crash through no fault of their own, they may be able to bring a bodily injury claim with the insurer representing the party responsible for the incident. To bring a successful case forward, it is essential to take various steps to protect yourself. These include:
- Medical Care: Seek medical treatment immediately after the tractor-trailer collision if you were not transported to the hospital. A medical professional can examine you, review your complaints, and determine an appropriate treatment plan based on the full extent of your injuries.
- Collect Evidence: After a large commercial truck accident, it is crucial to take pictures or videos of the scene, including damage to the involved vehicles and skid marks on the road, if you can. Also, ask for contact information from eyewitnesses to the 18-wheeler wreck, take pictures of visible injuries, and keep any accident-related expenses or documents you have received.
- Police Report: If local law enforcement responded to the call of the big rig crash, be sure to ask for a traffic incident report to be taken. These documents are essential for providing the facts of the incident, identifying information on involved parties, and determination for liability.
- Report Crash: It is essential to report the incident to your insurance company and the insurer representing the at-fault party. Any delay in reporting the crash may result in the insurance carrier denying the claim. This will be based on the contractual language of the insurance plan.
- Contact an Attorney: If a representative for the insurance company contacts you for a recorded statement or to sign release documents, politely decline and refer them to your accident attorney if you have one. If you have not yet retained legal counsel, be sure to contact an experienced Pacheco personal injury attorney to have your case reviewed in detail in a free consultation.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
An experienced attorney will be familiar with California personal injury law and help you understand what regulations may impact your truck accident case. These include the statute of limitations which is generally two years in California. In addition to helping build a strong case for maximum compensation on your behalf, our injury lawyers will also represent you on a contingent fee basis. This means that there are no upfront fees to work with us. Costs of legal representation will only be due if our legal team obtains a successful outcome in your case. Watch this video to learn about how our legal team can help you after a trucking accident.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Pacheco
I’m Ed Smith, a Pacheco personal injury lawyer. Getting injured in a big rig crash can be stressful. Our team of injury attorneys is here to simplify the process for you. Call now for free, friendly advice at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.
Our legal team is proud to be featured in the following groups as California members:
For more details about our law firm, visit these links for our history of successful results and client reviews:
Photograph Source: Pixabay “Optical-Essence”
:ds llo [cs 673]