Fatal Accident on Keyes Road Claims Life of Modesto Woman
A recent accident near Modesto that involved a big rig that caused a pedestrian fatality has been identified. The pedestrian accident occurred along Keyes Road near Crows Landing around 7:00 p.m. last week. The deceased woman was identified as Teyarra Teall, a Modesto resident, age 26.
No Charges Being Filed in Pedestrian Fatality Accident
The report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the conditions were dark, and the driver of the Freightliner that struck the woman would not expect to see someone in the roadway. The pedestrian perished at the accident scene. The driver of the big rig, a man from Stockton, remained at the pedestrian fatality scene and cooperated with the investigation into the crash.
Why Truck Accident Collisions Occur Involving Pedestrians
Collisions involving a big rig are often caused by negligence, such as the following:
- Unsafe backing: When a truck is backing up, the driver has limited visibility and cannot see pedestrians who may be in the way.
- Wide turns: When trucks make wide turns, they often swing out into the opposite lane of traffic or onto the sidewalk, where pedestrians may be walking.
- Speeding: When trucks are driving too fast for the current conditions (e.g., weather, traffic), they may not be able to stop in time if a pedestrian suddenly appears in front of them.
- Distracted driving: If a truck driver is distracted while driving (e.g., texting, talking on the phone), he or she may not see pedestrians in time to avoid hitting them.
- Drunk driving: If a truck driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, his or her judgment and reflexes will be impaired, increasing the risk of hitting pedestrians.
Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to being hit by trucks because of their size and weight. When a pedestrian is hit by a truck, the results can be devastating. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian-truck accident, it is important to speak with an experienced accident attorney who can help you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
Recovering Damages When a Loved One Dies Due to Wrongful Death
When you lose a loved one in a pedestrian fatality accident, it is a very difficult and trying time. If the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, it can be even more difficult to deal with. You may be wondering how you will recover damages and what your legal options are. In the state of California, if someone dies due to the negligence of another, the surviving family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim. This type of claim can help you recover damages such as medical and funeral expenses, lost income and earnings, loss of companionship, and more.
Wrongful Death Lawyer in Modesto
I am Ed Smith, a Modesto wrongful death lawyer. If a person dies in a pedestrian fatality accident caused by the negligence of another individual or entity, the family may be entitled to compensation by filing a wrongful death claim. We can help you with your case with free and friendly advice by calling (209) 227-1931 or by contacting us at (800) 404-5400 toll-free. It is also possible to contact us online.
When seeking free advice about your case, you may want to look over client reviews and cases that a firm has handled. The following links are provided for this reason:
The following are a few of the groups our injury lawyers are proud to be a member of:
:cd llo