Arden Arcade Major Injury

Arden Arcade Major Injury

Arden Arcade Major Injury

Arden Arcade Major Injury – A major injury occurred in a three-vehicle collision that happened on October 15, 2018, at a local intersection. Tow trucks were required to remove at least some of the vehicles, which sustained serious damage. The collision occurred at the intersection of Fulton Avenue and Munroe Street just south of Fair Oaks Boulevard shortly after 8:30 in the morning. The incident is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). It is unknown whether drugs or alcohol was a factor in the crash.

Details of the Arden Arcade Major Injury Collision

According to the CHP, the accident involved a Toyota Scion and Nissan Altima. The third vehicle was unidentified. The Nissan was reported as having struck a traffic pole where it sustained major front-end damage. One of the other vehicles ended up in the center divider. A woman was reported as lying on the ground, and her car was smoking. It is unclear at this time whether the woman exited the vehicle on her own or was ejected by the collision, however, she was injured. The intersection was blocked by the accident for some time while authorities investigated, and the site was cleared.

Statistics on Intersection Accidents

Intersection accident statistics show that about 2.5 million collisions happen at intersections around the country each year, which means that 40 percent of the roadway accidents happen at these locations. The number of injuries and fatalities that occur at intersections is high in addition, with 20 percent resulting in deaths and 50 percent causing serious injuries.

Why Intersection Accidents Happen

Knowing what the common causes are of car accidents that happen at intersections can help a local resident avoid a major injury. Because there are many options at intersections for drivers such as going straight, turning left or right, motorists and others have to interact safely to avoid an accident. Unfortunately, driver error is the reason for about 96 percent of all collisions that occur at intersections. The remaining 4 percent are shown to be caused by roadway and weather conditions. Following are the reasons driver error can end up causing a major injury:

  • Inattentive driving: Drivers who are distracted or not cautious can neglect to check all areas of an intersection before entering, and this is the reason 44 percent of collisions occur there. Drivers must not only be aware of other motor vehicles but watch out for pedestrians and bicyclists to avoid a major injury.
  • Making an illegal maneuver: Running a red light or stop sign, turning illegally and coming too close to another vehicle when turning are major reasons for intersection accidents.
  • Misjudging other drivers: Some motorists speed up when nearing an intersection, particularly if the light is ready to turn red. Not only is this dangerous, but rushing to beat a light can result in an accident that causes serious injuries. Speeding is a major cause of all types of car accidents.
  • Aggressive drivers: This type of driver is negligent about obeying the rules of the road. An aggressive driver may fail to signal a turn, tailgate, not yield the right-of-way to another motorist and other similar actions.
  • Distracted drivers: Texting and talking on a cell phone while driving is a major cause of distraction. However, anything that takes the driver’s eyes and thoughts off driving can end up causing a major injury in an accident.

Arden Arcade Car Accident Lawyers

I’m Ed Smith, an Arden Arcade car accident lawyer. Intersection accidents are among the most dangerous types of collision because of the risk of a side impact, where a vehicle has less protection, and rollover. If you or someone you care about was injured in an accident caused by negligence, I can offer you free and friendly advice. Please call me at (916) 921-6400 locally, or I can be contacted at (800) 404-5400. I can also be reached through my online page.

For over 36 years, I’ve helped those injured through negligence in Arden Arcade and other parts of Northern California. I work hard to get them fair compensation in many areas of personal injury such as all types of car accidents and traumas such as brain injuries.

Finding out about the practice of an injury lawyer is a good idea when seeking legal representation. You can see our prior cases and client reviews at the pages that follow:

Million Dollar Advocates works as a forum to recognize nationwide trial attorneys who have won for a client an excess of $1 million through a verdict or settlement. I belong to this forum as a member of California.

Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_4297695_l-2015 (3) / Arden Arcade Major Injury.

:cd cha [cs 798] cv