Arden Arcade Injury in Intersection Accident
An Arden Arcade injury occurred on January 31 when two vehicles collided at El Camino Avenue and Bell Street. The accident happened around 10:14 in the morning when a pickup and minivan crashed together. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that a minor, who was riding in one of the vehicles, suffered injuries in the accident. That minor was taken to Mercy General Hospital for evaluation and treatment. The accident is under investigation by the CHP to determine how it happened and assess fault.
Intersection accidents account for about 40 percent of all traffic collisions. Negligence is almost always the cause. Following are some of the reasons an intersection accident happens:
- The driver runs a red light or stop sign, causing a T-bone accident.
- The motorist turns in front of an oncoming car, causing a head-on collision.
- Thedriver changes lanes when in a turn, which causes a sideswipe accident.
- The motorist neglects to see a vehicle at a stop sign and slams into the rear of their car.
- The driver makes a right-hand turn without looking for pedestrians or bicycle riders.
- The driver is speeding and cannot stop in time for a light change.
- The motorist tries to pass through a yellow light that is getting ready to turn red.
- The motorist tries to turn right when the view is obstructed by traffic in the left lane.
Other Types of Negligent Behaviors That Lead to Accidents
Although speeding is a major cause of accidents, other behaviors can cause a traffic collision. Many of these are caused by the driver not paying attention to their surroundings. These can include:
- Distracted driving: Texting or talking on a cell phone is the number one cause of distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue: Staying up late the night before, being on certain medications and shift work can contribute to driver fatigue.
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers exhibit poor judgment and coordination as well as having their vision affected when behind the wheel of a car.
- Drugged driving: Drugs can stay in an individual’s system for a long time, and this can affect the way they drive.
- Auto defects: A blown tire, defective brakes, and other mechanical problems can lead to an accident.
- Medical conditions: Sleep apnea and certain diseases can make it dangerous to get behind the wheel of a car.
- Weather conditions: Adverse weather conditions are sometimes unavoidable if the driver has to go out. Using extra caution such as slowing down can help.
- Tailgating: Tailgating causes accidents because the driver does not have the space or time necessary for the vehicle to stop and avoid a collision.
Help From an Experienced Attorney
Suffering injuries in a motor vehicle crash is bad enough. Not being able to pay your medical bills and losing time at work makes it worse. However, an individual who suffers injuries because someone else was negligent can obtain the compensation they deserve and need to pay those financial debts. A lawyer experienced in handling motor vehicle crashes can use existing evidence such as police reports to check for accuracy. The lawyer can, in addition, conduct their own investigation to show fault by using accident reconstruction, expert witnesses and other techniques. In this way, a strong case can be built to present in civil court if the insurance company balks at paying what you need.
Arden Arcade Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Arden Arcade injury lawyer. Motor vehicle accidents can leave an injured person and their family with high medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses. If the accident was due to another’s negligent actions, a claim for fair compensation can be made. Call me for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400, or contact me through (800) 404-5400. An online contact form at AutoAccident.com is available also.
The National Association of Distinguished Counsel invites only lawyers they deem to have the highest standards to join their group. I’m proud to belong to this association. I also belong to the Million Dollar Forum, which was established to recognize top trial lawyers who have won more than one million dollars for a prior client.
When you need legal advice, it’s a good idea to check on a law firm’s background before calling. This helps to ensure you will get the help you need. At the following sites, you’ll find reviews by my clients and peers along with information about the cases we have handled and how they concluded:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_102797954_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 788] cv