Four-Vehicle Crash Reported on I-80 in Citrus Heights
Accident injuries were reported in a four-vehicle crash in Citrus Heights on February 7. According to the report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the incident happened on eastbound I-80, just east of Antelope Road, around 10:25 in the morning. A pickup, Nissan, and several other vehicles were involved.
More Information About the Accident
The vehicles involved in the accident blocked the lanes, and one of the cars, a Honda Accord, went off the ramp and struck a light pole, sustaining major damage. Debris was reported in two lanes, which caused traffic to back up. Although emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department were called to the scene, no report was given about the injuries. An investigation into the collision is being pursued by the CHP to determine how it occurred and to assign blame.
Accident Injuries in a Crash
Accident injuries can mean that the injured person has to be off work for an extended period and face high medical costs. However, if the accident was because of the negligent actions of another individual or entity, they may claim fair compensation to cover those costs as well as for their pain and suffering. Some of the compensation that may be claimed include:
- Medical costs: Ambulance service, hospitalization, doctors and specialists, tests, and medications are covered. Other medical expenses include rehabilitation, home health care when it is necessary and alterations made to the house or apartment to accommodate the injured person.
- Future medical costs: For those whose injury is expected to continue into the future, your injury attorney can calculate those costs and add them in.
- Lost wages: Wages, bonuses, and other monies that the injured person would have earned had they been able to work are covered. In cases where they are unable to continue performing their job and have to take one that is lower-paying, the difference in pay is recoverable.
- Inability to work: Some people are permanently disabled by accident injuries and can no longer continue working. In those cases, calculations can be made to reimburse the injured person for the time they would have been employed.
- Loss of consortium: This is financial reimbursement for the lack of private relationships between spouses.
- Reimbursement for the physical pain and suffering is included.
- Psychological effects are reimbursable that were caused by the accident if the patient had to seek professional treatment to deal with them. They may include symptoms of anxiety, nightmares, sleeplessness, mental anguish, and others.
Conducting an Investigation
An investigation into the cause of an accident and proof of negligence by the other party is necessary for a client to obtain the compensation that they deserve. We send out our investigators to the accident site to gather that evidence. Areas where evidence is sought include:
- The investigators interview the witnesses and check for errors in the police report.
- They perform accident reconstruction to determine how the injuries occurred, which can show fault and is widely used by insurance companies and in civil court cases.
- Traffic and business surveillance cameras are examined to look for video footage of the crash as it happened.
Once the evidence has been compiled, it is time for our injury attorneys to take over. They use the evidence to assemble a compelling case that favors our client’s claim for compensation.
Citrus Heights Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Citrus Heights car accident lawyer. When a negligent motorist caused your accident injuries, you may be interested in my free, friendly advice on whether you can file a compensation claim. Give me a call at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. I can also be reached online if you prefer.
Find out helpful information about my law office below:
We have helped many people from Citrus Heights and the rest of Northern California since 1982 in acquiring fair compensation for their traffic accidents, wrongful death claims, and traumatic injuries.
Attributed photo: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-clash-rome-highway-2165210/
:cd llo [cs 691]