Accident Fatally Injures Fresno County Man
Accident Fatally Injures Fresno County Man — A recent motor vehicle accident in Tracy claimed the life of a Fresno County man. The man, who worked as a FoodsCo Store manager, was on his way to the Bay Area to help out another store in Richmond. As the man was traveling through Tracy, he was involved in a collision with another vehicle. Authorities reported that the man was trapped in his car for a short time before being extricated and transported to an area hospital for treatment. Unfortunately, the man succumbed to his injuries during hospitalization. Officials have identified the victim as Refugio Escobar of Sanger.
Our deepest condolences are extended to the friends and family of Mr. Escobar during this difficult time.
Loved One Forever Remembered
Refugio Escobar was a beloved member of his family and Fresno County community. He touched the lives of many he encountered with his kind and caring soul. Those who surrounded Mr. Escobar said he was always optimistic and never thought twice about helping others in need. A GoFundMe page has been created to help the family of Mr. Escobar as they recover from their loss.
Driver Error and Wrongful Death
Most motor vehicle accidents occur as a result of driver error. When a loved one is killed in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, the bereaved family of the deceased may be able to file a claim for wrongful death against that individual for damages incurred. While filing a wrongful death claim cannot bring the person you love back, it can help you and your family recover financially from the unexpected loss. To learn more about these types of claims, watch the following YouTube video.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Claim?
A family can recover the following economic and non-economic damages in a wrongful death case:
- Benefits that are lost such as healthcare that was extended to dependents, Social Security, pension, and the like may be recovered.
- End-of-life expenses including costs of a funeral and burial and medical bills related to a wrongful death car accident.
- An inheritance that would have been left to the decedent’s family.
- Loss of love, moral support, attention, guidance, and community.
- Loss of consortium if a spouse or domestic partner is suing.
- Lost income, including wages the decedent would have earned in the course of his or her life, may be claimed.
- Punitive damages can be claimed under California Civil Code 3294 if a loved one is killed as a result of an intentional act such as felony homicide.
- Services provided by the decedent such as childcare, home repairs, cooking, yard maintenance, cleaning, and more.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
Under California law, the following family members may place a claim for wrongful death for the loss of a loved one:
- A spouse, domestic partner or putative spouse of the deceased.
- Children of the deceased or grandchildren of the decedent if his or her child has passed away.
- Any parents, stepchildren or minors who resided with the deceased and received half their financial support from him or her.
Time Limit for Wrongful Death Claims
In California, a wrongful death claim must be filed within two years from the death of a loved one. If the claim is not placed within this deadline, the case may be dismissed by the court. It is essential to retain an experienced wrongful death attorney in these types of cases to protect the statute and secure the best interests of your family.
Fresno Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Fresno car accident lawyer. Car accidents cause traumatic injuries and deaths every year in Fresno and elsewhere in California. Most of these collisions are caused by motorist negligence. If you or a loved one has been hurt or fatally injured due to a car accident, I can offer you compassionate, free and friendly legal advice. Please feel free to call me anytime at (559) 377-7676 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400.
My client comments and ratings are available for your review on the following pages:
I am a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates.
Please feel free to browse through some of the past Verdicts and Settlements my firm has obtained for our prior clients.
Accident Fatally Injures Fresno County Man: AutoAccident.com
Photograph Attribution: By “StockSnap” via Pixabay / Accident Fatally Injures Fresno County Man
:ds [cs 752] cha cv