Wrong-Way Driver Hits Motorcyclist on Churn Creek Road
A wrong-way driver in Redding caused major injuries to a motorcyclist on September 3. The crash occurred around 2:00 p.m. at the intersection of Churn Creek and Quail Creek roads. For unknown reasons, the driver of a Lincoln MKZ was going in the wrong direction on the road and crashed into the motorcycle, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report.
Wrong-Way Driver Accident Under Investigation
The injured rider was transported to a hospital for treatment. No additional information was provided on the condition of the motorist or whether the driver was placed under arrest. The CHP traffic collision unit is investigating to determine why the crash happened.
The Factors That Contribute to Motorcycle Accidents
Because motorcycle collisions are often very concerning due to the rider’s lack of protection in an accident, it is helpful to understand some of the reasons they occur. Utilizing caution and remaining vigilant can reduce the risk of motorcycle collisions. A collision is usually caused by either a negligent rider or motorist.
Motorcyclists generally cannot predict an accident caused by a wrong-way driver. However, the following situations often lead to motorcycle accidents caused by motorists and may be anticipated:
- Distracted driving: Distraction by a motorist can cause a collision resulting in serious injuries if they were texting, talking on the phone or eating while driving.
- Drinking and driving: Impairment can occur not only from alcohol, but also from illegal drugs or even over-the-counter medications. When someone is impaired, he or she may weave, change speeds frequently and have lowered reflexes, which can cause serious injuries if the motorist becomes a wrong-way driver.
- Reckless driving: The common cause of motorcycle accidents involving a negligent motorist and a motorcyclist is reckless driving, which may include tailgating, speeding, running traffic lights and other offenses.
- Fatigue: A fatigued driver may nod off behind the wheel of a vehicle and slide into the opposing lane.
- Turning left: One of the most common causes of motor vehicle accidents that can cause major injury is turning in front of a motorcyclist.
- Motorcycle accidents caused by lane splitting: Many Californian motorcyclists split lanes. The driver may be at fault if they don’t signal or don’t look carefully before changing lanes.
- Stopping short: Motorcycle riders can be seriously injured by sudden stops in front of them, resulting in their ejection.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers: What Can They Do for You?
The success rate of a motorcycle accident lawyer should be taken into account when choosing a lawyer. It is possible to find negligent drivers or neglected road maintenance as factors in an investigation of a motorcycle accident. In the years since AutoAccident.com was founded, many riders have been served with fair compensation due to injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents.
Learn more about out how to find an injury lawyer by watching the video below presented by accident attorney Ed Smith:
Lawyer for Personal Injury in Redding
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a lawyer for personal injury in Redding. Hospitalization and extended medical treatment are often necessary for motorcycle accident injuries. For free and friendly advice from our injury lawyers if you were injured by a negligent driver or other entity, please call (530) 392-9400. Our toll-free phone number is (800) 404-5400, or you can message us online.
For us, being a member of the following associations is a great honor:
Many injured people have been able to receive compensation after being injured by a negligent driver with the help of our accident attorneys. The following are some of our reviews and cases you may find interesting:
:cd llo [cs 637]