Wrong-Way Car Crash on Interstate 580
The California Highway Patrol reported a car crash involving a wrong-way driver on Interstate 580 in Oakland. The auto accident occurred at approximately 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 23, 2023, on I-580 near the Seminary Avenue off-ramp, officials said.
Information on the Wrong-Way Car Crash on Interstate 580
A preliminary investigation by California Highway Patrol officers revealed that a motorist behind the wheel of a Ford F-150 truck was traveling the wrong way on Interstate 580 in Oakland. The F-150 driver was allegedly headed eastbound on the westbound lanes of I-580 close to the Seminary Avenue off-ramp. Several witnesses reported the motorist to the CHP, authorities said.
Shortly after, the F-150 was involved in a crash with a Ford F-250 pickup truck. The accident prompted a road closure and a SIG alert. Authorities indicated that the F-250 was a vehicle owned by the City of Oakland. The F-250 driver was treated for injuries described as minor at Highland Hospital, while the other motorist received treatment for severe injuries.
All lanes of Interstate 580 in the area were reopened approximately an hour and a half following the incident. An update regarding the conditions of the involved parties has not yet been released. Further details on the wrong-way car crash on Interstate 580 near Seminary Avenue in Oakland were unavailable. An investigation into the auto wreck is ongoing by CHP traffic officers.
How an Injury Attorney Can Help After an Auto Accident in Oakland
Our legal team at AutoAccident.com has helped many injured parties and their families in Oakland and throughout California. We understand how challenging it may be to get your life back on track after a catastrophic crash, such as a wrong-way car accident. That is why we are committed to providing our clients with experienced and compassionate legal counsel. When you turn to us for assistance on your case, our injury attorneys will:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the motor vehicle collision, gather evidence, and prepare a strong case that is backed by facts with specific details.
- Identify all parties that may be held liable for the incident, including a negligent motorist for a wrong-way car accident.
- Examine all medical summaries and records to determine past and future costs of treatment that are reasonable and necessary for crash-related injuries.
- Handle communication and negotiations with insurers to seek full compensation for injuries and losses in connection with the car wreck.
- File the case within the two-year deadline to protect the statute and move forward with litigating the matter if needed.
- Determine if a case is subject to a different statute of limitations, like a six-month deadline for a notice of claim if the matter involves a public agency, such as the City of Oakland (per California Government Code Section 911.2).
- Build a well-prepared case to present in trial if a mutual settlement agreement is not reached with the other side.
For additional information about our law office and how our experienced Oakland car accident lawyers can help you with your injury case, schedule a free consultation or watch the video below.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Oakland
At AutoAccident.com, our legal team is committed to providing each case with the integrity, care, and compassion that clients have come to expect from our Oakland personal injury lawyers. We offer free consultations anytime and handle cases on contingent fee agreements on behalf of our clients. This means that we do not require payment for attorney’s fees unless we secure a successful result through a settlement or verdict for our client. Learn more regarding our services and receive free, friendly advice on your potential case by calling our law office at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
For additional information about our law office and our team of injury attorneys, you can view the following links:
We are proud to be a part of legal groups for our work and commitment to client success, including:
Photo Credit: Pexels “Rodnae”
:ds llo [cs 703]