Accident on US 50 Involves Three Vehicles
A Woodland multiple-vehicle accident on April 30 ended up with one person being transported to a hospital. The collision occurred shortly after 10:00 a.m. along westbound US 50 at west Interstate 80. The report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) said it involved three vehicles, including a Nissan Sentra and a Volkswagen van. Lanes one and two were blocked by the crash.
One Person Transported by Ambulance to UCD After Multiple-Vehicle Accident
Yolo Fire Department first responders arrived at the scene to assess injuries. The patient was transported by American Medical Response ambulance to UC Davis Medical Center for unknown injuries or another medical issue. The accident is under investigation by the CHP to find out how it happened.
Reasons a Multiple-Vehicle Accident Happens
Collisions involving multiple vehicles frequently occur along highways. Heavy congestion and higher speeds can contribute to these accidents because it can be difficult for drivers to stop in time to avoid a collision up ahead. However, many of these drivers either cause or become involved in a multiple-vehicle accident for the following reasons, all of which demonstrate negligence:
- Speeding commonly results in an accident since the driver cannot slow down in time to avoid a collision, and the vehicle might fishtail if he/she tries.
- Drunk driving is a major concern along highways. A driver who speeds up and slows down, cannot stay in their own lane and cannot judge their distance from other vehicles can easily cause a multiple-vehicle accident.
- Drugged driving has become a serious problem in recent years, with half of all drivers killed in accidents in 2019 testing positive.
- Distracted driving remains a major concern among drivers as a cause of traffic collisions. Texting and emailing are the most common source of distracted driving. However, talking on a cell phone, changing a radio station, eating and drinking as well as accessing GPS are also factors.
- Fatigued driving is a danger many motorists may not be familiar with. A fatigued driver shows many of the same problems as those of someone who is intoxicated, which makes them a danger on the roadway.
Why Asking for Assistance From an Injury Lawyer Is a Good Idea in a Multiple-Vehicle Accident
There are multiple reasons seeking help from an injury lawyer is a good idea when you’ve suffered injuries in a multiple-vehicle accident. Among them are:
- The injury lawyer can not only help you recover compensation for all of your medical expenses and lost wages, but they can help you recover damages for your pain and suffering as well.
- Injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. This means you owe them nothing until your case has been won.
- Having a lawyer handle your claim often results in a payout at least three times higher than if you handled the case yourself, and that’s after you’ve paid your attorney.
- Most injury claims never make it to court and are settled with the insurance company. Your lawyer is in a much better position to reach a considerably higher settlement than the injured party because they know how to conduct a negotiation and know all the tricks an insurance company tries to pull.
- Your attorney does all the work, which allows the injured party to concentrate on getting better without the financial stress.
Woodland Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith. I am a Woodland car accident lawyer. Compensation can be recovered for injuries when a negligent person or other entity was the cause. For free and friendly advice, contact us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. We can arrange a free consultation either in-person or virtually, where you can ask questions, get your case reviewed and discover how you can recover compensation. You can reach us online also.
You can look over a few of our cases to see how our injury lawyers have assisted people in obtaining the compensation they deserve below:
Membership has been granted to us by the following organizations:
:cd llo