Sacramento Christmas Trees
If you have been out on the roads at all since Thanksgiving, you may have noticed an abundance of cars and trucks with pine trees securely tied to their roofs. It is that wonderful time of year – when families procure their annual Christmas tree.
Whether you are a faux tree fan or die-hard live tree enthusiast, we have gathered some picks for the best places to get a Christmas tree in the Sacramento area.
Is It Better to Get a Real Christmas Tree?
There are those for whom it would not feel like Christmas if their tree was not real. The pine scent, the sap, and the falling needles all contribute to their seasonal joy. For those folks, artificial trees are not an option. Thankfully there are many places throughout the region to buy pre-cut real Christmas trees or farms at which you can cut your own.
Cut-Your-Own Christmas Tree Farms
For those families that like the experience of bundling up and sawing down their own tree, our region has a number of Christmas tree farms:
- Davis Ranch at 13211 Jackson Road in Sloughhouse has cut-your-own Christmas trees available – all for just $43.99 plus tax for any height. Tree varieties include Incense Cedar, Douglas Fir, Sierra Redwood, and others. They also have some pre-cut trees available, but you will want to call first to make sure they are still in stock.
Watch the YouTube video: below is a news clip with tips for cutting your own tree by employees of Davis Ranch.
Pre-Cut Christmas Tree Lots
Some years you just want to roll into a parking lot, purchase a freshly cut tree, and be on your merry way. Besides the offerings outside groceries and big-box hardware stores, there are a few locally-owned businesses that sell fresh-cut trees, including:
- Green Acres. At their various locations throughout the Sacramento area, Green Acres nurseries are selling freshly cut Noble Fir and Silver Tip varieties.
- Foothills Fresh Cut Christmas Trees. This company has two locations – at the corner of 53rd and Folsom in Sacramento and on the grounds of Cal Expo. They are offering three varieties of fir trees and tree flocking is available at the Cal Expo location.
How Can I Make My Christmas Tree Last Longer?
It seems like every year, people decorate earlier and earlier for Christmas. It is not unusual to see houses decorated and Christmas trees shining in windows before Thanksgiving. Some years we all “need a little Christmas, right this very minute.” But a live tree will be a decaying, dried-up fire hazard by Christmas if it is put up too early. However, an artificial Christmas tree can go up safely at any time.
Frankly Faux Firs
These are the trees that keep on giving. The beauty of an artificial tree is that it can be stored in your rafters and pulled down for use year after year. Just remember to buy a live wreath or a pine-scented candle for the seasonal scent you may be missing. Many chain retailers in the Sacramento area sell faux fir trees; here are a few:
- Michaels always has a wide selection of artificial Christmas trees. Be sure to look for coupons!
- Walking into Hobby Lobby is like entering the world of Christmas. They sell a ton of seasonal products, including artificial trees and Christmas tree decorations.
- Target also has a variety of faux Christmas trees, but the word is that their stock is already low so call first if you have a particular product in mind.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
Thank you for reading. I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Automobile accidents occur every day in our region, and they don’t stop for the holiday season. If you have been involved in an accident that caused you to suffer injuries through no fault of your own, please reach out to our injury lawyers for free and friendly advice. Our office number is (916) 921-6400. We also have a toll-free line if you will be calling from outside the local area code: (800) 404-5400. Alternatively, you may reach us online.
Photo Attribution: Megan Burgess
mm [cs 734] bw