Driver Trapped in Two-Vehicle Crash on Westbound Highway 50
A two-vehicle crash recently required that one driver be extricated from their vehicle by the West Sacramento Fire Department. The accident happened along Highway 50 westbound near Jefferson Boulevard shortly before noon. Three people were involved in the accident, and the driver of a convertible remained pinned inside their car.
Three People Transported to Hospital in Highway Crash
Firefighters extricated the driver using the “jaws of life.” All three of the people involved in the crash were transported to a hospital for additional evaluation and treatment. The accident is under investigation by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) to determine fault and how it occurred.
The Dangers of Highway Accidents
Highway accidents, including just a two-vehicle crash, can end up causing severe injuries or fatalities. Because vehicles are going at much higher speeds than on surface streets, any collision can be dangerous. In addition, with traffic moving in multiple lanes, drivers have to be looking everywhere and be alert to dangers. Many of the reasons a crash involving two vehicles on a highway occurs are:
- The driver is slowing to take an exit, and the motorist behind doesn’t notice until it’s too late to avoid a collision.
- A driver is speeding and unable to slow down in time to avoid a two-vehicle crash with a slower car.
- A drunk driver is weaving in their lane, slowing down and speeding up, which can lead to a number of different types of accidents.
- The motorist is reading an email, texting or performing another activity that takes their eyes away from the roadway for a few seconds. This is enough time to run into a pedestrian.
- Fatigue can lead to a crash involving another car if the driver is sleepy. Fatigued driving can affect a driver much in the same way as it can someone who is intoxicated. The motorist needs more time to react and discern what is going on around them.
- Roadway conditions can cause a two-vehicle crash if there are potholes, insufficient lighting after dark, misplaced signs and other problems. The injured party can hold the government entity in charge of maintenance liable in these instances. However, because the limit to file for one of these types of accidents is six months, they may benefit from the help of an injury lawyer. The lawyer can negotiate for them with the government agency and can ensure that paperwork is correct and filed before the statute of limitations runs out.
West Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a West Sacramento car accident lawyer. If an accident injury was caused by a negligent motorist, the injured party may be able to place a claim to recover compensation. You are welcome to contact our injury lawyers for their free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or online. We can arrange a free consultation for you where you can have your case reviewed, ask questions and find out what options there are to recover damages. It won’t cost you a cent, and there is no obligation.
You can discover how our injury lawyers have helped others below:
We are honored to be members of the groups that follow:
:cd llo