Injury Accident Reported Near Pioneer Memorial Bridge
A West Sacramento traffic crash between two vehicles ended up with two people being transported to a hospital with injuries on June 30. The crash occurred around 8:18 a.m. along westbound U.S. 50 just west of the Jefferson Boulevard off-ramp near Pioneer Memorial Bridge. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) report said that a Jeep Discovery and Ford sedan were involved in the collision, which blocked the number one lane. Fault in the accident is being investigated by the CHP.
Factors Contributing to a Two-Vehicle Traffic Crash Near an Off-Ramp
As drivers roll down a highway, they may not realize how dangerous it can become as they approach an off-ramp or on-ramp. Unfortunately, these areas are where many traffic accidents have occurred, and for a number of reasons, including:
- Tailgating is common in lanes where drivers slow down as they prepare to exit and end up in a rear-end collision.
- A driver may cut across lanes to get to their exit because they are about to miss it, resulting in a two-vehicle traffic crash.
- It is especially dangerous for drivers near highway ramps to be distracted while driving, which is a major cause of a traffic crash. Drivers distracted by their GPS often cause accidents because they are trying to figure out where they should enter or exit the highway.
- At highway entrances and exit ramps, speeding is often a cause of accidents.
- A drunk driver has a higher risk of getting into a crash since they cannot judge their distance from other vehicles, cannot stay in their lane and make poor decisions. Two-vehicle accidents can easily occur due to these deficiencies.
- When a driver is too tired to remain alert and focused, fatigue can contribute to a crash involving two vehicles. It has been argued that fatigued motorists behave similarly to drunk drivers behind the wheel because their reactions are similar.
Receiving Compensation After a Traffic Crash
An injured person has the right to compensation if another negligent driver or entity has caused the injury. A lawyer can help an injured person obtain compensation that is two to three times higher than if they negotiated for themselves. You do not pay anything until you win, because injury lawyers work on contingency. Among the areas that can be pursued for compensation are:
- Medical costs: Accident-related medical expenses such as ambulance, hospitalization, physicians’ bills, and other related costs can be recovered. Additional costs are accounted for in your settlement if your injury is ongoing.
- Wages: In many traffic collisions, the injured are unable to work and cannot earn a living until their injury heals. They sometimes use sick time or vacation to make up for the loss. The wages they would normally have earned, including bonuses, tips, pension/insurance benefits, as well as others, may be recovered. Their losses are factored into their settlement if they must take a lesser-paying job or become permanently disabled.
- Compensation for pain and suffering: You are eligible to receive compensation for your physical suffering. In addition, an injury attorney can assist injured parties in recovering compensation for the psychological and emotional trauma they endured.
West Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a West Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Suffering injuries in a traffic collision can result in hospital bills and other medical expenses, lost wages and, of course, pain and suffering. If a negligent driver was the cause, you may be able to claim compensation to recover those losses. Call us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or from long-distance at (800) 404-5400. You may also contact us online.
Our injury lawyers have helped many people over the years, as you can see at the following links:
:cd llo