West Sacramento Accidents
West Sacramento Accidents. West Sacramento accidents occur unexpectedly and can be caused by a variety of negligent acts. Since West Sacramento has Interstate 80 and California State Route 84 running through it, traffic accidents are one of the most common. In 95 percent of car accidents, negligence is involved. This means that the injured person may place a claim for financial compensation against the at-fault party. The compensation pays for the cost of hospitalization, medical care, pain and suffering and time away from work. However, not all accidents occur on the road. Learn about the different types of West Sacramento accidents that can lead to a personal injury claim.
Types of West Sacramento Accidents
To recover damages for a personal injury claim, it must be shown that negligence caused the accident to happen and resulted in injuries. Negligence can be due to errors made by an individual, company or government entity. An experienced personal injury lawyer begins by gathering the evidence, interviewing witnesses and preparing a strong case to recover damages. Some of the ways a serious injury caused by negligence in West Sacramento accidents can happen are:
- Motor vehicle collisions: This common type of accident is caused by different forms of negligence, including reckless or aggressive behavior on the road, speeding, and texting while driving. When negligent drivers cause an accident, they can be held responsible for the monetary cost of injuries they inflict on others. In some cases, there is a thin line between bad and criminal behavior as evidenced in cases of road rage.
- Truck accidents: Being involved in a collision with a negligent truck driver often causes severe injuries due to the size of a big rig versus a much smaller motor vehicle. When negligence causes injuries, the driver may be held responsible in addition to the trucking company that employs them, depending on the individual case.
- Motorcycle crashes: Motorcyclists are at a disadvantage in accidents with another vehicle because of their lack of protection and often suffer severe injuries. Common accidents with motorcycle riders are due to a negligent motorist who turns in front of a rider, does not yield the right of way or stops short in front of a biker.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists are often seriously injured in accidents. Vehicles turning in front of them or running a red light at an intersection are a problem. Bicycle riders who are in a collision with a motor vehicle often end up with serious injuries or are killed.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are frequently struck by motor vehicles and suffer major injuries or death as a result. It has been shown that the faster a vehicle is going when it strikes a pedestrian, the greater the injuries and a higher rate of fatalities, according to Science Direct.
- Boating accidents: Accidents caused by boaters happen frequently and usually involve a collision. Rental boats are sometimes involved in accidents due to the lack of safety equipment or absence of proper maintenance. It is the owner’s responsibility to make sure the watercraft is safe to use. If an accident happens, the owner can be held liable.
- Public carriers: Buses, trains, and other public carriers are responsible for the safety of their passengers. Accidents can be caused by a negligent driver, lack of maintenance and speeding, among other things.
- Products liability: As evidenced by frequent recalls, products are sometimes allowed on the market that are unsafe and can cause injuries. Products may range from food and automobiles to any other consumer product that proves to be unsafe.
- Premises liability: Both store owners and private citizens are required to maintain their properties to avoid accidents. Common accidents include slips and falls.
- Swimming pools: Both public and private swimming pools require maintenance in an effort to prevent West Sacramento accidents. From bad electrical wiring that can cause shock or electrocution to lack of a lifeguard at a public pool, there are many areas in which injuries can occur.
West Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a West Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer. Anyone who has suffered an injury due to negligence can benefit from the insight provided by an experienced lawyer. You can call me for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400, or if you are phoning long distance, at (800) 404-5400. Please go to my contact us page to reach out to me online.
As a member of the Million Dollar Forum, I join other top trial lawyers that have won more than one million dollars for a client.
You can find out what others have said about my law firm and see the results of previous cases at:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_152458536_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 815] cv