Accident at Vintage Park Drive Intersection Involves Two Vehicles
An intersection crash that caused a major injury occurred near Vineyard on August 14. The collision occurred at Vintage Park Drive and Waterman Road around 3:48 p.m. between two vehicles, including a Toyota. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that both vehicles had to be towed from the scene. The injured party was transported to a hospital for additional care. An investigation into the cause of the intersection crash is underway by authorities.
Types of Negligence in an Intersection Crash
More than half of all traffic collisions happen at intersections. It isn’t surprising since these locations are where traffic converges from numerous directions and is further confused by the presence of bicycle riders and pedestrians. Although traffic going through an intersection should be safe, negligent drivers and others often cause serious collisions. Some of the major causes of an intersection crash are:
- Running a red light is among the leading causes of an intersection crash.
- Speeding can contribute to many accidents at intersections because the driver can’t slow down or stop before hitting another vehicle or others.
- Drunk driving causes many serious accidents at intersections because the driver has poor reflexes, and judgment and has problems tracking with their eyes. This makes intoxicated drivers a danger on the road.
- Making a right turn without being able to see to the left due to vehicles waiting at the crosswalk can lead to an intersection crash.
- Turning left just as the arrow changes can cause an accident involving oncoming traffic.
- Making a U-turn where it is illegal often causes an intersection crash either with other vehicles or with pedestrians crossing the street.
- Roadway negligence can lead to accidents at an intersection. When branches obscure a motorist’s view, lighting is insufficient or the timing on traffic lights is wrong, it can cause an accident. The government entity in charge of maintenance may be held responsible in these instances. However, the deadline to file a government claim is six months, beyond which the case will not be heard in court. Enlisting the assistance of an accident attorney can ensure the paperwork is correct and filed promptly.
Determining Liability in an Intersection Crash
When someone is injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, they have the right to recover damages to cover the cost of their medical expenses, lost wages, and their pain and suffering. Over the years, our law firm has successfully handled many compensation claims. Because we work on a contingency basis, you owe us nothing until your case has been won.
Liability in an intersection crash is determined by conducting an investigation and collecting evidence to support a client’s claim. For example, among our areas of investigation are interviewing witnesses and searching the area for business and traffic surveillance cameras that might have captured the accident on film. Accident reconstruction is performed, and the intersection is examined for signs of government neglect. Once the evidence is compiled, we use it to build a strong case to support the client’s claim.
Vineyard Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Vineyard car accident lawyer. When a negligent driver caused your accident injuries, call us for free and friendly advice from one of our injury lawyers at (916) 921-6400. You can also contact us at (800) 404-5400 or send us an online message.
You can see how our injury lawyers have helped others in recovering fair compensation for their accident injuries below:
The following links show groups we are proud members of:
:cd  jw