Teen Dies at Antelope Road Intersection in Vehicle Rollover Accident
An Antelope vehicle rollover accident on September 20 ended up causing the death of one teen while others were injured. The collision occurred near the intersection of Antelope and Antelope North roads at about 9:00 p.m. According to the incident report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the sedan, with three teens inside, was heading west along Antelope Road.
Driver Killed and Others Injured While Changing Lanes
The sedan struck a truck as the driver was changing lanes. The sedan experienced a rollover and crashed with a pole. The teens were all taken to a hospital, where the driver died.
Impairment Not Involved in Deadly Vehicle Rollover Accident
The driver of the truck who was involved in the collision was uninjured. Authorities do not believe that impairment was involved in the accident. The investigation into the cause of the accident is underway by CHP traffic crash detectives.
Wrongful Death in Minors
When a minor is injured or killed in an accident, the parents or guardians may be able to file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation. For example, a minor-aged passenger in a vehicle may have died in a vehicle rollover accident due to a negligent driver. In other cases, another vehicle or entity might be responsible. An accident attorney can review the case and collect evidence to support a claim, enabling the grieving family to recover compensation.
Recoverable Damages for Wrongful Death
In addition to relieving their financial burden, filing a wrongful death claim helps make amends for the loss they suffered. Among the damages that may be available to the family in the case of a minor are:
- It is possible to recover funeral and burial expenses.
- It is possible to recover deceased employees’ earnings until retirement age if they were employed at the time of their death.
- A family can receive reimbursement for household services, including chores around the home, after a loved one passes away.
- Medical expenses for the deceased before their death are recoverable by filing a survival action.
Damages That Are Recoverable in a Personal Injury
If the minor was injured in the vehicle rollover accident, the parents can file a personal injury claim to recover damages against the at-fault party. Compensation recovery can include:
- Medical costs that arose as a result of the accident are recoverable. If the injury is still continuing at the time of settlement, future costs may be factored in.
- Wages are recoverable if the injured minor holds a job.
- Pain and suffering may be awarded, including compensation for the physical and emotional trauma.
Choosing a good personal injury lawyer can be difficult, so here are a few tips from attorney Ed Smith:
Lawyer for Personal Injuries in Antelope
I’m Ed Smith. I am a lawyer for personal injuries in Antelope. If one of your offspring is killed or injured by the negligence of another person or entity, you may wish to investigate filing a wrongful death or personal injury claim. We are available at (916) 921-6400 if you want free, friendly advice. You can also reach our accident attorneys by calling (800) 404-5400 or by completing our online message form.
Here are some examples of how our injury lawyers have worked hard to recover fair compensation for other clients:
It is with great pride that we are members of these organizations:
:cd llo [cs 594]