Accident at Nut Tree Airport Involves Light Plane Crash
A light plane crash in Vacaville on August 24 injured two people on board. The accident happened at about 11:20 in the morning at the Nut Tree Airport, which is located off East Monte Vista Avenue. According to the Solano County Sheriff’s Office, the two injured people were transported to a hospital, and it is believed they will survive their injuries. Investigators with the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the cause of the crash as well as the National Transportation Safety Board and local authorities.
Factors Contributing to Light Plane Crashes
Accidents involving light planes occur almost four times a day in the United States. Many of them result in serious injuries or fatalities. Collisions involving light planes can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Aircraft crashes can be caused by inadequate or improper maintenance.
- Light planes often go into a stall when their pilot loses control of the aircraft.
- There is a risk of a plane crash due to adverse weather conditions such as rain, sleet or especially wind shear.
- Any part or instrument of an aircraft can fail, leading to a light plane crash. The manufacturer may be liable for fatalities or injuries caused by defective parts or instruments.
- Inadequate training or education may have been provided to the pilot.
- A medical event or mistake by the pilot can lead to a plane crash.
An Investigation Into the Crash of a Light Plane
The cause of many light airplane accidents can be determined by conducting an investigation. During a plane crash investigation, we work with authorities to determine how and why it occurred. Those who were injured in the accident might be able to claim damages by filing a personal injury claim due to someone else’s negligent actions. An investigation into the cause often includes:
- Inspecting the wreckage of the crashed plane allows the inspectors to determine whether a defect in the aircraft caused the light plane to crash.
- Investigators examine data from the aircraft’s black box and cell phones to collect evidence.
- Examining the flight log of the plane can provide valuable information.
- Records of maintenance and repairs are reviewed to ensure the airplane was safe to fly.
- To determine if an error contributed to the accident, the air traffic control log is checked.
- Pilots are evaluated according to their experience, number of flight hours and certifications.
Once the investigators compile the evidence, it is given over to our accident attorneys. They use this information to build a strong case to support the client’s claim for compensation.
California Airplane Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a California airplane accident lawyer. There are many reasons an airplane crash can occur. If negligence was the reason it happened, the injured parties may be able to recover compensation. Contact us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or at (800) 404-5400 if you would like to arrange a review of your case from one of our accident attorneys and find out whether you can recover damages. You can also contact us by accessing our short online form.
Among the groups we are honored to be members of, we are especially proud to belong to the following:
Find reviews and ratings of our law firm below, which can show you how our injury lawyers have helped others:
:cd llo