Accident on State Route 51 Causes Injuries
A two-vehicle injury accident happened in Sacramento on December 17 when a driver allegedly lost control of their car. The collision occurred around 4:10 p.m. along northbound State Route 51 just south of the T Street off-ramp near the Alhambra Triangle. The incident report released by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that the accident involved a Ford Expedition and a Toyota, which ended up blocking the slow lane.
Vehicle Reportedly Spins Out, Causing Collision With Other Car
The report stated that one vehicle spun out and struck the wall on the right-hand side. One of the drivers said that the other vehicle swerved in front of him. That person’s vehicle was totaled in the injury accident. Sacramento Fire Department responders were called to the scene when they were advised that injuries occurred in the collision. The CHP is investigating the injury accident to discover how it occurred and assign fault.
Reasons for a Two-Vehicle Injury Accident
A two-vehicle injury accident can happen for a number of reasons, but driver error is the usual cause. In the case above, a spinout may have led to the accident. However, when this happens, the driver is probably legally liable for any injuries that occur in a collision. Some of the causes that result in a spinout and resulting in an accident where you may benefit from the assistance of an injury lawyer include:
- Weather conditions: Adverse weather conditions such as wet pavement, rain, snow, fog or sleet can lead to a two-vehicle injury accident if drivers aren’t cautious, especially on black ice. A spinout occurs when the front wheels lose traction, causing the vehicle to fishtail.
- Speeding: Even when going under the speed limit, if an accident occurs due to weather conditions, the driver can be cited because sudden braking can result in an accident or cause the vehicle to spin out.
- Improperly inflated or worn tires: If tires are improperly inflated, they have trouble gripping the roadway. Tires that are too worn provide insufficient traction, and the driver may experience a blowout, which can lead to a two-vehicle injury accident.
- Tailgating: Tailgating is a dangerous practice at any time but even more so if weather conditions require keeping your distance from other vehicles. The inability to stop and the longer stopping distance required during inclement weather can lead to a collision.
- Mechanical defects: Defective brakes, tires, steering, accelerator, and other problems can cause a serious accident resulting in injuries. When a collision occurs, it is important to retain the vehicle, so it can be examined for mechanical defects. If a defect is found to have caused the two-vehicle injury accident, the manufacturer can be held liable for any injuries through an auto product liability claim.
- Roadway negligence: Weather conditions aside, a roadway that is poorly maintained can lead to a two-vehicle injury accident. Some of these collisions are caused by potholes, while others can be attributed to poor lighting, shrubbery that has limbs obscuring signs and for other reasons. When a government entity in charge of roadway maintenance has been negligent, it can be held responsible for accident injuries.
Our legal team at AutoAccident.com has successfully handled many traffic collision injury claims over the years. We investigate the accident to uncover the evidence needed to support your claim and handle negotiations with the insurance company or even take it to court if necessary. Our aim is to get you fair compensation to recover your medical expenses, lost wages and reimburse you for your pain and suffering.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Sacramento car accident lawyer with free and friendly advice to offer you when you call us at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us a message online. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to review your case, tell you about options to recover damages and answer your questions.
We are honored to be members of:
Since 1982, my legal team and I have successfully recovered compensation for many people in Northern California in all kinds of traffic accidents.
Additional information on how our team of injury lawyers has helped others is located at the links that follow:
:cd llo