Two-Vehicle Crash Near Massie Court Blocks Traffic in Sacramento
A two-vehicle crash in Sacramento on April 3 resulted in one person being injured. The accident occurred just after 6:30 in the evening between Stockton Boulevard and Suncountry Lane near Massie Court when a Chevy sedan and Toyota Camry collided. The crash blocked the northbound number one lane. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the Chevy sustained damage to the right rear and axle, while the Toyota had major front-end damage. The accident is under investigation by authorities to determine how it occurred. As yet, the condition of those involved in the two-vehicle crash has not been announced by authorities.
How a Two-Vehicle Crash Occurs
Accidents involving two vehicles are almost always a result of driver negligence. Many of them occur at intersections but can happen along any type of roadway. Some ways in which a driver can be negligent and cause a two-vehicle crash include:
- Speeding is a major cause of two-vehicle accidents. This is because a motorist who is speeding may spot trouble up ahead but not have sufficient time to stop to avoid a collision.
- Distracted driving happens when a motorist is texting, talking on a phone or changing a radio station instead of looking at the road ahead. This activity often leads to accidents.
- Running a stop sign or red light is also a major cause of a two-vehicle crash, especially at intersections.
- Drunk driving results in many accident injuries and fatalities each year in the Sacramento area. Toxicology tests and a conviction provide proof of the driver’s negligence.
- Fatigued driving is caused by not getting enough sleep the night before, long hours on the road, or sometimes by certain medications. A fatigued driver can fall asleep at the wheel or go into a dreamlike state, which interferes with the safety of others.
- Aggressive drivers may tailgate other vehicles, cut in and out of traffic, and at its extreme, force another motorist off the roadway.
Investigations Conducted by a Personal Injury Lawyer
My law office sends our investigators to the two-vehicle crash site immediately to begin gathering the evidence needed to support our client’s claim. The investigators review the police report for errors and talk to witnesses. They check for nearby business and traffic lights that may have caught the accident on tape as it happened. The investigators also perform accident reconstruction, which shows the positioning of the vehicles beforehand and how the crash occurred. Tire marks and damage left on the roadway by the accident can show whether the driver attempted to stop, was speeding and other traffic infractions. Our lawyers use this compiled evidence to obtain the best compensation possible from the insurance company on your behalf. If this is not possible, they can use it to build a strong case to present in court.
A Government Entity Can Contribute to an Accident
Road maintenance is the responsibility of a government entity so that motorists and others are safe. Lack of maintenance such as non-functioning lights, missing or obscured signs, potholes, and other damage can result in a collision. When this happens, the government entity can be held responsible. Because the timeline for filing against a government entity is much shorter, it is important to obtain the services of an experienced lawyer. The lawyer will ensure that paperwork is filed on time and correctly. Otherwise, the case will probably not be heard in court.
Auto Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento Auto Accident Lawyer. A two-vehicle crash can result in serious injuries, but when a negligent driver caused the accident, the injured person may place a claim for compensation. Give me a call for my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 in the local area or (800) 404-5400 if you are phoning long-distance. You are also welcome to contact me using the online form.
Look over client reviews and cases handled in the past by my law firm at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd llo [cs 724]