Accident at Rock Creek Road Intersection Involves Two Vehicles
An injury was reported near Placerville in a two-vehicle crash on July 16. The collision occurred at the intersection of Rock Creek and Mule Skinner roads in the area of Placer Union Elementary around 8:24 in the morning. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) incident report said it involved a Toyota 4Runner and a Chevy Malibu.
At Least One Person Transported to Hospital Following Two-Vehicle Crash
First responders with Cal Fire arrived at the scene, where they determined minor injuries had occurred. Both vehicles had to be towed. The roadway was clear shortly after 10:00 a.m. At least one person was transported to Marshall Medical Center in Placerville for additional evaluation and treatment. The CHP is investigating to determine how the crash occurred and to assign fault.
A Two-Vehicle Crash Is Among the Most Common Types of Accidents
Negligence by a motorist is how a two-vehicle crash usually occurs, and intersections are where more than half of all accidents happen. Some of the reasons for these collisions include:
- Drunk driving: The menace of drunk driving still poses a threat to others on the road, despite massive efforts to curb it. In addition to being unable to maintain a steady speed, drunk drivers weave in and out of lanes and are more likely to crash into things.
- Distracted driving: Texting, changing the radio station, conversing with passengers and other distractions can make it difficult for a driver to react in an emergency situation.
- Speed: Many traffic accidents are caused by speeding. As a result of their lack of control and a longer stopping distance, speeding drivers are more likely to cause accidents.
- Fatigued driving has become more common as people work swing shifts and have multiple jobs. The reactions of fatigued and intoxicated drivers are similar.
The Investigation of a Two-Vehicle Crash
It is the responsibility of an injury attorney to represent the interests of their client in seeking compensation from the at-fault party. A lawyer is required to investigate and gather evidence to support a client’s injury claim. Evidence may be gathered by performing the following:
- Investigators conduct accident reconstruction. Often, it is possible to determine the at-fault driver by observing where the cars were initially positioned, how the collision occurred, and where they collided.
- The police report is reviewed for errors, and witnesses to the collision are interviewed.
- When there are business or traffic cameras in the area, investigators determine if a collision was captured on video. In support of the client’s compensation claim, the video could be subpoenaed.
In order to help our clients receive compensation, AutoAccident.com builds a strong case based on the evidence gathered. Our team has successfully done this many times in the past. A driver’s negligence is bad enough when it results in injury. Financial loss and pain and suffering should not be borne by the injured party.
Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Placerville personal injury lawyer. The majority of traffic collisions occur because one driver or another entity was negligent. The people that were injured by this negligence have the right to claim fair compensation to pay for their medical costs, lost wages and to reimburse them for their pain and suffering. You can contact one of our injury lawyers for free and friendly advice by calling (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be contacted online.
We are proud to be members of:
Over the years, our injury lawyers have assisted many injured people in recovering the compensation they deserve, as you can see below:
:cd llo