Accident at Twin Cities Road Intersection Causes Serious Injuries
A two-vehicle collision caused eight people to be transported to the hospital in Sacramento County on February 1. The accident occurred in Herald, east of Galt, at the Twin Cities Road intersection with Cherokee Lane at about 3:15 in the afternoon. According to a spokesperson for the Galt Police Department, medical personnel believes that six of the people who were injured will survive.
Multiple Casualty Accident Occurs in Rural Intersection
The other two who were hospitalized were ejected from their minivan and suffered critical injuries in the crash. They were not using seat restraints. California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers, as well as units with the Herald Fire Department also arrived at the scene. Traffic in the area was congested by the two-vehicle collision, but the roads were not closed. Investigators searching for the cause of the accident do not suspect that drug or alcohol consumption was a factor.
Two-Vehicle Collision Accidents That Occur in Rural Areas
Rural areas are notorious for dangerous traffic accidents. Because the police presence is less and the roadways may not be up to par as in urban areas, a two-vehicle collision is common. Some of the reasons these accidents happen include:
- Speeding is a major cause of intersection accidents in rural areas. Because there is less of a police presence there, many motorists are tempted to go above the speed limit, making it difficult for them to stop in time to avoid a collision with another car.
- Failure to yield the right of way leads to many rural accidents.
- Drunk driving is a common cause of a two-vehicle collision at a rural intersection.
- Failure to obey stop signs can result in a crash with vehicles that are legally passing through.
- Poor visibility is a major problem in rural intersections that can lead to a two-vehicle crash. Bad or nonexistent lighting, overgrown trees, shrubs at corners and other problems can cause an accident. In these cases, the government entity charged with maintenance can be held liable.
- Driving down the middle of the road is a problem often seen along country roads. Since traffic tends to be much lighter than in urban areas, some motorists may drive down the middle of the roadway, especially if they live in the area.
- Distracted driving is a major accident caused when the driver is texting, talking with passengers, or just not paying attention.
Recovering Compensation After a Two-Vehicle Collision
Those who are injured by a negligent driver have the right to claim compensation. The at-fault party can be held accountable for your trauma if a two-vehicle accident results in serious injuries. The injured person would otherwise have to face high medical bills and lost wages because he or she would have been unable to work. A negligent driver or another entity inflicting injury on you is bad enough in itself. It is not the responsibility of the injured person to bear the financial burden caused by the accident and deserves compensation for their pain and suffering.
Many times, my law firm has successfully secured fair compensation for our clients following auto accidents. You can speak with us without obligation and receive a free review of your case, and we can offer you options for recovering damages. At AutoAccident.com, we are always here when you need us, and we treat you like family.
Galt Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Galt car accident lawyer. When a negligent driver is the cause of your accident injuries, you may want to think about placing a claim to recover compensation. You are welcome to contact our injury lawyers for free and friendly advice at (209) 227-1931. We can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or by contacting us online.
We are honored to be associated with the groups that follow:
Many Sacramento County residents have been helped by our injury lawyers in obtaining the compensation they deserve after suffering trauma in a traffic accident since 1982. Here is a sampling of some of the cases we have handled:
:cd llo