Accident Along S.R. 99 Interrupts Traffic Flow After Two-Vehicle Collision
A two-vehicle collision in Natomas on December 5 left a long debris field and interfered with traffic. The accident occurred around 3:43 p.m. on southbound S.R. 99 just north of the eastbound Elkhorn Boulevard on-ramp. According to the report filed by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the collision involved a Chevy 2500 pickup, which was smoking, and a Toyota Sienna van that was pulling a toy hauler. One of the vehicles struck a light pole during the crash.
Destroyed Toy Hauler Leaves Dirt Bikes and Camping Gear in the Roadway
The accident blocked the slow lane as traffic backed up. The two-vehicle collision left a 15-foot long debris field with multiple dirt bikes, camping debris, and coolers in the roadway that had to be cleared. The two-axle toy hauler was completely destroyed, and the van exhibited major front-end damage. At the time of this report, any serious injuries suffered in the two-vehicle collision had not been announced. The incident is under investigation by the CHP to determine the cause.
Dangers of Highway Traffic Collisions
Being involved in a two-vehicle collision on the highway is bad enough, however, it can also endanger other motorists. A driver who comes upon an accident can end up being involved in the collision, can hit debris in the roadway or lose control of their car since highway speeds are involved. In addition, because traffic often comes to a standstill, motorists may be jockeying to exit the highway, which increases the risk of another two-vehicle collision.
Causes of a Two-Vehicle Collision on the Highway
There are a number of reasons a two-vehicle collision occurs on a highway. The following are the most common causes:
- Speeding is one of the major reasons for a two-vehicle collision. The speeder can more easily lose control of their car and requires a longer distance to stop if an emergency arises.
- Making a risky lane change can lead to an accident. The driver who cuts another motorist off or doesn’t check carefully for oncoming vehicles in the next lane can end up causing a two-vehicle collision.
- Distracted driving has become a major cause of all types of accidents. Major types of distractions include texting, changing a radio station, monitoring GPS, and even chatting with passengers in the vehicle.
- Drunk and drugged driving cause many types of collisions every year. The drunk or drugged driver cannot stay in their lane, speed up and slow down, and cannot judge their distance from other vehicles.
- Fatigued driving can end up causing a two-vehicle collision if the driver nods off behind the wheel or drives erratically. Fatigued driving has been compared to being inebriated in its effects on the motorist.
Over the years, my injury attorney team has successfully handled many claims for compensation against an at-fault driver. We work hard to collect the evidence needed to support our client’s claim to ensure that they obtain the compensation they deserve to pay for their medical bills, lost wages, and for their pain and suffering. We are pleased to offer a free, no-obligation review of your case, can answer your questions, and tell you about options to recover fair compensation.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Natomas
I’m Ed Smith, a Natomas auto accident attorney. Call for our free and friendly advice if you would like information on whether you can file a claim for compensation against the negligent person or entity who caused your injury. We can be reached at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Another option is to message us online.
We are honored to belong to:
Additional helpful information about our law firm is located at the following:
The injury lawyers in our law office have assisted people since 1982 in getting the compensation they deserve for government claims, product liability cases, all types of traffic accidents, wrongful deaths, and more.
:cd llo