Pedestrian Killed in Accident on Fulkerth Road
A pedestrian crossing the street in Turlock was killed on October 11 when they were struck by a motor vehicle in a hit-and-run. The accident happened along west Fulkerth Road between Countryside Drive and Tully Road during the afternoon hours, according to a spokesman with the Turlock Police Department. The crash occurred near a bus stop.
Photos Were Taken of the Suspected Hit-and-Run Vehicle
The vehicle that fled the accident scene is believed to be an Acura TL, white in color. After striking the pedestrian, the vehicle continued west and made a turn onto Countryside Drive. Surveillance photos were taken of the suspect vehicle, which appears to show damage to the windshield, mirror, and on the door on the passenger side.
Information About the Fatal Hit-and-Run Sought by Police
Those who have information about the driver or vehicle are asked to phone the police department at (209) 668-1200. Anonymous tips may also be left at (209) 521-4636, which is the Stanislaus Area Crime Stoppers or at www.stancrimetips.org. A cash reward may be made for tips leading to the apprehension of the driver.
California Has a High Number of Pedestrian Fatality Accidents
In 2018, there were 890 traffic accidents in California that resulted in pedestrian fatalities. Compared to other states, the rate is 25 percent higher in the state than elsewhere.
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident Injury
Fleeing driver accidents are not only cowardly, they’re also illegal. Leaving the scene of an accident is a serious offense, and if a pedestrian is killed as a result, the penalties can be even more severe.
There are a few things you can do if you’re ever injured in an accident involving a fleeing driver:
- Immediately call the police. Give them as much information as possible about the driver, the vehicle and the direction they fled in.
- Try to get the license plate number of the vehicle, if possible.
- If there are any witnesses, get their contact information.
- Take photos of the accident scene, if possible.
- Call an accident attorney who can investigate the crash and potentially locate the fleeing driver.
No one deserves to be injured in a traffic collision, but unfortunately, these accidents happen every day. If you or someone you know has been involved in a collision, make sure to take the necessary steps to ensure justice is served.
How an Injury Lawyer Can Locate a Fleeing Driver
If you’ve been injured in a hit-and-run, it’s important to know that you have options. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you investigate the accident, locate the driver who fled the scene and assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve.
There are a number of ways an attorney can help locate a fleeting driver, including:
- Reviewing surveillance footage from businesses or traffic cameras in the area
- Searching for witnesses who may have seen the accident or the vehicle involved
- Examining the accident site to find evidence of the make and model of the vehicle such as paint marks or dropped metal pieces
- Using public records to track down the owner of the vehicle involved in the accident
- Working with law enforcement to locate the driver
Turlock Wrongful Death Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith. I’m a Turlock wrongful death lawyer. When a death in your family was caused by a motorist’s negligence, you might be able to recover damages. Contact us for free and friendly advice at (209) 227-1931 to see if your family can file a wrongful death claim. You can also contact us either at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us a message online.
We are honored to be members of the following:
The injury lawyers in our firm have successfully handled many accident claims as you can see at the following links:
Photo attribution: Image by Myriams-Fotos from Pixabay
:cd llo