Toombs Street Intersection Site of Vehicle Collision With Injuries
A two-vehicle collision was reported in Fair Oaks on May 11 involving a Honda Civic and Kia Optima. The crash occurred around 8:40 a.m. at the intersection of Toombs Street and Burr Oak Way. The person who reported the collision to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) was driving the Civic and said they were injured.
Minor Injuries Reported in Intersection Crash
Sacramento Fire emergency responders came to the scene of the vehicle collision due to the complaint of pain and determined the injuries were minor. The accident blocked the intersection, which CHP Traffic officers shut down while an investigation was conducted into the cause.
Delayed Symptoms from Minor Trauma in a Vehicle Collision
Minor trauma from a vehicle collision may not always take immediately after an accident but can manifest days or even weeks later. It is important to be aware of these delayed symptoms to ensure that you receive appropriate medical care and treatment. Common delayed symptoms from minor trauma in a traffic accident include:
- Pain or stiffness in the neck/head/back
- Abdominal pain or tenderness
- Weakness or numbness in the limbs
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain and discomfort
- Memory loss or confusion
- Loss of balance or dizziness
- Anxiety, depression, mood changes or irritability
These symptoms often develop gradually over time and are commonly related to cervical strain or sprain, concussion or other soft tissue injuries or something more serious. It is important to seek medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms after a traffic accident. A qualified medical professional can diagnose and treat the underlying cause, helping to ensure that your recovery process is as smooth as possible.
Negligent Drivers Cause Traffic Accidents
If you are injured in a two-vehicle crash caused by a negligent driver, you have the right to seek compensation. You can usually recover the following losses with the help of an accident lawyer, although each accident is different. An attorney can help you calculate your damages and determine whether you are entitled to compensation. Following are some of the types of compensation that might be recovered:
- Your accident injuries may entitle you to recover the costs of all medical care. If your injury has not been resolved and is expected to continue into the future, that can be calculated into your compensation recovery.
- The reimbursement of wages, bonuses, pensions, and insurance benefits that you lost as a result of being unable to work is possible.
- If you were not able to work at a higher-paying job because of your injury, you can recover the difference in income.
- If you become permanently disabled due to your accident injuries, you may be able to recover wages and other perks of the job until your retirement age.
- Compensation can be provided for emotional distress resulting from the accident, such as psychological problems like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- It is possible to recover compensation for your physical pain and suffering.
- Disfigurement and scarring can be compensated for the physical effects and the embarrassment and psychological damage it can cause.
A few helpful tips for hiring a lawyer are provided by Attorney Ed Smith in the video below:
Fair Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Fair Oaks personal injury lawyer. Medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering can all result from being injured in a two-vehicle accident. A negligent driver may be liable for your damages if your accident was caused by their carelessness or a traffic violation. Our firm’s accident attorneys can provide you with free and friendly advice by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. Online messaging is also available.
Here are some of the organizations we’re proud to be a part of:
Our injury lawyers have handled this sample of cases listed below and received the following comments from former clients:
Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo