Injuries Reported in Greenback Lane and Garfield Avenue Intersection Collision
An intersection collision involving three vehicles in Sacramento resulted in injuries on August 20. The vehicles collided around 9:43 in the morning at Greenback Lane and Garfield Avenue in the Foothill Farms area. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that an SUV continued moving after the crash. An investigation is being conducted to determine how the intersection collision occurred.
First Responders Called to Intersection Collision Scene
First responders were called to the scene to assess injuries. It was not reported what hospital the injured parties were taken to. The intersection area was blocked off while the scene was cleared and an investigation was held.
Intersection Accidents Can Be Deadly
Intersections are the site of numerous accidents, some of which cause serious injuries or fatalities. About half of all serious collisions occur in intersections, and about one in five of the accidents involve a death. One of the major reasons for an intersection collision is when a motorist runs a red light. Some other reasons are:
- Speeding: This makes it more likely that the driver will not be able to stop in time to avoid an accident.
- Drunk driving: Impaired drivers lack motor control and are unable to make safe decisions when driving. This increases the risk of an intersection collision.
- Tired drivers: The number of fatigued drivers has increased. When a tired driver gets behind the wheel, the risk that they will nod off or not be able to make intelligent choices increases. They are a hazard in an intersection.
- Distracted driving: Motorists who are not concentrating on driving often are responsible for an intersection collision. Because they are not focusing on the road, they may miss a pedestrian in the crosswalk or a vehicle ahead of them that has stopped.
- Poor design: Some intersections are poorly designed. This includes a lack of visibility for all drivers and badly marked lanes. Both the city and the contractor may be complicit. When a government agency is at fault for an accident, a claim can still be made. However, the deadline for filing the complaint is different, and if the time limit is not met, the claim cannot be filed. Your personal injury lawyer will ensure that all documents are filed on time.
- Defective vehicles: On occasion, defective brakes or tires can cause an intersection collision. When this happens, it is possible to file a liability lawsuit against the manufacturer.
Intersection Accident Investigations
Uncovering the cause of an intersection collision allows injured parties to claim compensation from the at-fault driver. Compensation includes recovery of medical expenses, lost wages and for the injured person’s pain and suffering. We begin an investigation by sending our investigative team to the accident site where they:
- Search for video cameras in the area that may have caught the intersection collision on tape
- Interview the witnesses to the intersection collision as well as look over the police report for mistakes
- Perform accident reconstruction, which shows how the crash occurred and who was at fault
- Look for negligence by the government entity in charge of maintenance such as overhanging limbs, missing signage or potholes
Our experienced lawyers go to work once all the evidence is gathered to construct a case to present to the insurance company or in court.
Auto Accident Attorney in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento Auto Accident Attorney. When you need help following an accident injury caused by someone’s carelessness, please call for my free and friendly advice. You can reach me at (916) 921-6400 within Sacramento and the surrounding area. Otherwise, you can reach me at (800) 404-5400. A contact form is also available online.
I’m honored to belong to the following organizations:
Find out about my law firm by going to the following:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/
:cd llo [cs 669]