Three Vehicle Accident in Sacramento at Rush Hour
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. A collision between multiple vehicles along the westbound U.S. Route 50 connection with southbound State Route 99 on July 18 resulted in one injury. According to a report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the vehicles involved in the crash were quickly moved to the right-hand side of the road to allow for rush hour traffic to pass. The Sacramento Fire Department was requested at the scene to attend to an individual who was injured. It is unknown at this time whether that person was treated at the scene or transported to a hospital for further evaluation.
Details of the Collision
The accident happened just before 5:30 in the afternoon and involved a Ford Mustang, an Audi SUV, and an unnamed blue SUV. Following the collision, the Mustang was blocking the number one lane, while the blue SUV was on the right-hand side. A woman who was in the Audi jumped out of her vehicle with a child, allowing her car to roll across all the lanes to the right-hand side. No one was injured in the blue SUV, but one of the individuals involved in the collision complained of pain to the head and chest, necessitating the need for medical treatment. Authorities have not released any further information on the condition of that person or which vehicle was at fault in the collision.
What Kind of Injuries Are Most Common in Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Those who are injured in motor vehicle accidents commonly display some of the following types of injuries:
- Back and neck injuries can include whiplash, sprains, strains, herniated discs or spinal cord damage. Depending on the location of an injury, spinal cord damage can result in paralysis, either partial or complete.
- Head and brain injuries can range from concussions, which resolve over time, or traumatic brain injuries. The latter types of injuries can cause internal bleeding, swelling of the brain and permanent cognitive changes.
- Abdominal injuries can include internal bleeding or organ damage. The spleen is the most common organ that is injured in a vehicle collision. However, any organ may suffer damage.
- Broken bones are common in an accident and may be simple or complex, requiring surgery to repair.
- Burns sometimes happen in motor vehicle accidents and can range from minor to severe. More serious burns require hospitalization, skin grafts, and protection from infection. Once they have healed, the individual who was burned may be left with severe scarring.
Recoverable Damages After a Motor Vehicle Collision
When an individual or family member is injured by a negligent driver or other entity, they suddenly face not only the pain and recuperation but the financial repercussions an accident leaves behind. However, with the aid of a seasoned car accident lawyer, the injured person may be able to obtain compensation for the following costs:
- Medical bills, which include physician visits and specialists, prescriptions, hospitalization, rehabilitation and out-of-pocket expenses such as transportation to and from appointments.
- Home health care services that can include wound care, injections, and monitoring of the patient.
- Lost income includes the salary an injured person would have earned as well as any bonuses and other financial gains.
- Loss of future income or continued medical costs can be included in a claim for compensation.
- Disfigurement and scarring occur in some accidents and may cause embarrassment or self-consciousness, problems with the use of that body part and other negative aspects. Some, but not all, issues of this type can be improved through cosmetic surgery.
- Noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, companionship, enjoyment of life and others are recoverable.
Related Article by Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer Ed Smith
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. If you were injured because of a negligent driver, a personal injury lawyer can help. I can offer you free and friendly advice by calling me at (916) 921-6400 in Sacramento or (800) 404-5400 outside the area.
I belong to milliondollaradvocates.com, a group composed of trial attorneys who have garnered in excess of $1 million in a verdict or settlement for a client.
To look at client and peer reviews, along with some of our prior cases, please go to these links:
To check out the latest information on California personal injuries, please visit AutoAccident.com.
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/car-accident-roadside-cloudy-car-1921347/
:cd llo [cs 768] cv