Accident at Cavitt Stallman Road Intersection Involves Two Vehicles
A T-bone collision east of Roseville caused a minor injury on March 30. The accident was reported at the intersection of Cavitt Stallman and Barton roads around 8:17 p.m. The report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) stated that one sedan reportedly ran a stop sign and T-boned another vehicle. One of the vehicles crashed through a fence and ended up in a neighbor’s yard.
Investigation Being Held to Determine Cause of T-Bone Accident
Emergency responders with the fire department were called to the scene when one person was reported as injured in the collision. They determined that the person had suffered a minor injury. It is unknown whether that patient was treated at the scene or transported to a hospital for further attention. The CHP is investigating the accident to place blame and verify how it occurred.
Causes of a T-Bone Accident
T-bone collisions are especially dangerous because the vehicle committing this infraction is striking another vehicle in its side, which is the weakest part of an auto. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, about 18 percent of all T-bone collisions every year result in a fatality. Driver error is the usual reason. Some of the most common causes are:
- Probably the most common cause of a T-bone accident occurs when a driver runs through a stop sign, red light, or at a four-way intersection without signage.
- Distracted driving, such as talking on a cell phone, changing a radio station, or texting, can lead to the driver not seeing a stop sign at an intersection.
- Drunk or drugged driving can result in a T-bone accident because the driver has reduced reflexes and is less able to control their vehicle.
- Speeding is a common cause of an intersection accident since the driver needs a longer distance in which to stop.
- Inclement weather such as rain, snow or ice can mean that the driver needs to start braking sooner and more carefully to avoid an intersection collision.
Recovery of Compensation Following a T-Bone Accident
Those who are injured by a negligent motorist often file a claim to recover damages, which can help them avoid the financial distress that comes with being off work and mounting medical bills. The types of compensation that can be recovered are:
- Medical costs: All of the medical costs that arise as a result of an accident can be recovered with the help of an injury lawyer. This includes the ambulance service and hospitalization to physicians’ bills, medications, tests, surgeries and rehabilitative care. Even out-of-pocket expenses are recoverable, such as going to the doctor or for rehabilitation, if the injured party retains receipts for their gas mileage.
- Lost wages: Wages or earnings can be recovered when the injured party is unable to work. Recovery of compensation for lost wages also includes regular bonuses of the job, tips, insurance and pension benefits and others. If the individual is self-employed, the basis for recovery of compensation can be calculated using receipts or tax returns.
- Pain and suffering: More than compensation for the physical pain and suffering is recoverable. The emotional and psychological trauma the injured party experiences may also be included such as anxiety, sleeplessness, nightmares and fear of driving or riding in a car. When anxieties progress to post-traumatic stress disorder and professional help is sought to treat it, those costs are recoverable also.
Roseville Personal Injury Attorneys
I am Ed Smith, and I am a Roseville personal injury attorney. When negligence by another driver caused your accident injuries, you might want to discover whether you can place a claim to recover compensation. You are welcome to contact our injury lawyers for their free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached either at (800) 404-5400 or by contacting us online.
Find out what others have been saying about the help they got from our injury attorneys and look over some of our previous cases below:
Our membership in the following organizations is an honor:
:cd llo